WHAT have I done. LOL - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

WHAT have I done. LOL

Hi everyone.
Traded a car today for a 06 g6 with the Hard top convertible.
My question is how much trouble did these tops give and what do I need to know about them.?
Actually is there anything including the top I need to be aware off.
Have a Saturn Sky and going to be selling that but we're changing some things around with the GF and my rides. No more hot rods, stock and automatic sounds great to me for the street.

Anything you all can give me in a heads up to look out for or be aware of I sure would thank you.
LUKE

E . - ' / ' - . F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 05:13 PM

Keep the Sky.... Please. There aren't many of them around.

There aren't many problems with the vert top, but I recently heard of it completely ceasing to work. I don't know exactly what went wrong, though.

Idk..... I think you'll be fine. Just set money aside for any emergency repairs for the top.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 05:20 PM

I think you will always find the odd horror story for any car.

I have to say I have been happy with mine (07 3.5L Convertible) which I have had for a year. I decided to clean and lube everything I could get at on the roof. Be careful if you do this to remember that the roof will only hold in a part open condition for so long - so be careful where you put your own body parts!

Parts for the convertible top are becoming as rare as rocking horse droppings.

Most of my problems are of my own making. Worn battery meant no power to start car or raise roof. Bad news with a storm rolling in.. Not having the trunk cover in place whilst messing with the roof got me into a situation where I could not move the roof or open the trunk. Had to take out the back seats and pop the emergency release with a broom handle... Aside from my own stupidity and the odd minor issue I have been lucky that it just works and it is pretty much up and down every day.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 07:00 AM

Location: Marine Corps Air Station New River, Jacksonville, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
Parts for the convertible top are becoming as rare as rocking horse droppings.

Enjoy!
This had me dying of laughter. Sorry. lol and yes keep the sky! my roommate has one and has been trying to find a redline to trade it on close to us and can't find it. not many left so people hold onto them. And literally the only thing i have ever seen go wrong with them is i believe a cable that helps move the top.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

I have the 2.4 but dropped the car off at DDM and put a eaton supercharger on it.
My problem is I have to many cars. Three cars and a pickup truck and I travel.
My sky was wrecked and fixed before I bought it so it does have a salvage title but i'm thinking about swapping the foose rims that are on it now to the g6 and letting it ride. (GO)
Sky will never be a collectors idem cause Saturn went out. Lot of talk on that forum but the prices at the sales reflect that. Unless someone is just wanting one, a 07 brings under 9 grand at the sales now if it has very low millage.
Haul cars for a living. LOL
Those are my two now and a dodge 3500 pickup I pulled the boat and the race trailer with. With me being gone during the week, that poor sky now after buying the g6 will never be driven. Thats why i'm going to let her slide.

E . - ' / ' - . F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in