March 2015 - Transmission Warranty Extension 6T70 6T75 with 3.6L G6 GTP GXP - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

March 2015 - Transmission Warranty Extension 6T70 6T75 with 3.6L G6 GTP GXP

Just got this letter for my 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP. As the letter says, any vehicle with the 3.6L V6 6 speed front or all wheel drive will have this issue. From my research online is most fail around 60-70k miles. According to wikipedia the problem was fixed in 2009. (GMC Acadia, Chevy Equinox, Saturn Outlook, Saturn Aura, etc, see wikipedia for full list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM-Ford...c_transmission)

My trans failed at 70k miles, now has 78k on it. I did not take it to the dealership because they moved away (they moved, not me) and the local shop by me had it rebuilt and replaced it... for a measly $3300. The dealership would do nothing for me -- actually dealership was rather helpful because they knew of the problem, the GM rep for the dealer wouldn't do anything -- even though I had the TSB and all detail about this issue. Even complaining to the Pontiac complaints line (funny they listed that in this letter) didn't get me anywhere. I was punished for leaving this car in the garage when my wife and I would carpool to work, I didn't get the 70k miles on it before the 5 year warranty expired. This happened in August 2014 too, now looks like GM might stand behind their product.

------------------------------------------------

This letter is intended to make you aware that some 2008 model year Pontiac G6 vehicles may experience a cracked or fractured wave plate, resulting in a loss of 3rd, 5th and reverse gears. The affected vehicles are all equipped with a 6T70 or 6T75 6-speed automatic transmission, and FWD or AWD.

Do not take your vehicle to your General Motors dealer as result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition as described above.

What We Have Done: General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs on your 2008 Pontiac G6 within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles (193,000km), whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Diagnosis or repair for conditions other than the condition described above is not covered under this special coverage program.

What You Should Do: If you believe that your vehicle has the condition described above, repairs and adjustments qualifying under this special coverage must be performed by a General Motors dealer. You may want to contact your General Motors dealer to find out how long they will need to have your vehicle so that you may schedule the appointment at a time that is convenient for you. This will also allow your dealer to order parts if they are not already in stock. Keep this letter with your other important glove box literature for future reference.

Reimbursement: If you have paid for repairs for the condition described in this letter, please complete the enclosed reimbursement form and present it to your dealer with all required documents. Working with your dealer will expedite your request, however, if this is not convenient, you may mail the completed reimbursement form and all required documents to Reimbursement Department, PO Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170. The completed form and required documents must be presented to your dealer or received by the Reimbursement Department by March 31, 2016, unless state law specifies a longer reimbursement period.

If you have any questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the Pontiac Customer Assistance Center at 1.800.762.2737 (TTY 1.800.833.7668). We are sorry for any inconvenience you may experience however, we have taken this action in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our products.

------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in