Convertible G6 GTP going to Pick N Pull recycler - Pontiac G6 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By 1.8TTony
  • 1 Post By 1.8TTony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Convertible G6 GTP going to Pick N Pull recycler

Just incase........if anybody's interested......There will be a red convertible 2006 Pontiac G6 going into the junk yard in Northern California.

The junk yard is located in Chico, California. A business called Pick N Pull Auto Recyclers.

The car looked to be 100% complete however, it DID look like it suffered a few hard winters with all the windows left open.

Paint color is red....interior color is either a dark grey or black.

Just thought I'd mention this for those of you who need convertible parts. I sold my convertible a year and a half ago. The guy that bought my car accidentally broke the rear window.............he paid over $700 for his replacement window and $100 for one of those little wing things on the ends of the rear shelf deck.......convertible parts for these cars are rediculously expensive.
waterfowler76 and zenish like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

5 days later:

The convertible G6 is placed in the wrecking yard . The workers stabbed holes in the trunk to get it to open........don't know why they would do that because the keys are still in the ignition.

Anyhow.....just so ya know.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 09:11 PM

Sad...
Poor car, those salvage guys can be quite the buttholes on some of that stuff.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez26 View Post
Sad...
Poor car, those salvage guys can be quite the buttholes on some of that stuff.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
YES, they can be!!!

Here's a couple pics of the car. The exterior of the car looked to almost be flawless. Worst damage was where the workers stabbed holes in the trunk around the keyhole. There are absolutely zero dents on the body.

Here's a shot of a rear shelf wing. Tucked in nicely where it's supposed to be when the top is up. I asked the cashier how much for that trunk hinge assembly.....she said $11.89............I asked her how much for the trunk hinge assembly that opens the trunk lid for the roof to fold into......she said well, it's a trunk hinge so, $11.89..

DAMN!!!! Those side trunk hinges are selling on ebay for $150....the rear hinge for convertible operation is selling for close to $400....................$11.89 each at my wrecking yard......NOW THATS A HELL OF A DEAL!!!!!

Thinking I should pull the parts and put them up for sale on ebay. If I were to do that, I'd put the reserve price set at $11.89 + shipping cost.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 06:24 PM

You can pull the whole rear inner deck by removing the 10mm bolts on hinges, releasing the cable end loops under the hinges with a torx bit, and then undoing the barrel adjusters. You will have to wiggle a bit to get it out of there.
These things fail by the cables breaking, wing stays out, gets crushed by the top mechanism, and the hinge where the wing meets the deck shatters.
I already have a spare one of these from my Pull-n-Pay, but if it were me, I'd pull it and eBay it. Be careful on setting the shipping, once you box and pack it, it's going to be a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 03:19 AM
2007 gt retractable

if it were local to me id probably try to buy the whole car if i could get it less than 500.i have a place to store it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

I ended up pulling some pieces off the car......plan on putting them up for sale on ebay.

The convertible specific parts I got are:

Hydraulic pump assembly $29
Drivers side trunk hinge assembly $12
Passenger side trunk hinge assembly $12
Reverse lift trunk hinge assembly $12
Rear shelf assembly with both wings $25

All in all, less than a hundred dollars after sales tax.

I cut the hydraulic hoses so that I could manipulate the convertible top to get access to some of the bolts...........I can't believe how many tiny convertible parts there are. I have a convertible 5.0 Mustang, and there aren't nearly as many parts associated with that top.

Saw these parts on ebay with prices listed as:
Hydraulic pump assembly $360
Driver side trunk hinge $150
Passenger side trunk hinge $150
Reverse lift trunk hinge assembly $380
Rear shelf assembly with wings $500
zenish likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 08:59 AM

That is a nice haul. The pump assembly must be as rare as rocking horse droppings these days.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 04:53 AM

Wow, amazing

Senior hair transplant surgeon at Dr. Vjs Hair Transplant Centre, Dr. Vijay Kumar has more than 35 years experience and dedication to provide best quality hair transplant surgery. Book an appointment at our centre and get desired results with safe treatment procedures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in