2007 convertible open issue / no message - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

2007 convertible open issue / no message

I know very little about these cars and I didn't actually know they existed until just recently.
I really, really like this hardtop convertible body style since I first saw it.

Today I found one for sale but when I looked at it I could not get the top to go down and it gave no warning message. When I told the top to close it seemed to wiggle a little bit and I think it said movement completed.
Q: If the trunk partition is in the wrong spot will it give a message when you try to open the top?

I have a chance to buy this car tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. but it's almost 8:30 p.m. on the West Coast and I'm running short on time to search the Forum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 08:22 AM
2007 gt retractable

these cars are awesome when the top works.if the top doesn't work average.the 'lamp shade' in the trunk has to be extended for the top to work.check for damaged wires on the trunk hinges if the top doesn't work.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:37 AM

There is a hydraulic pump in the trunk that you will hear from the drivers seat if the top is attempting to do anything. Also there are messages on the radio (Driver Information Center) at the end of the cycle or if there are warnings. "Top Move Complete", "Check Cargo Top", "Top Not Secure" are the type of message I remember. Good luck. The top is complex and parts are rare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:09 PM

Garage
I think that these cars look as good as any you will see on the road today! You should not rush into buying one though. The roof is complicated as boomer said so shop for one that works. Dont buy one that is not working already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in