Hi guys, I am coming to you guys for some advice. I am looking at buying an 06 GTP Convertible with 133k on it.
Here is the Craigslist ad: https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/c...830137689.html
Just went and looked at, the body and interior looks like brand new, but under the hood is a different story, here are the known issues:
1. Low Coolant light is on and it appears its leaking coolant. I think the coolant hoses need replaced.
2. The valve cover gaskets are leaking.
3. The brake pedal felt a little soft.
4. Making a rattling noise from the rear, seller says it needs struts (struts up front are new).
5. The driver side roof latch isn't working. He has located one at a local salvage yard. Other than that we cycled the roof and it appears to be fine.
6. Needs a new set of tires.
This isn't going to be my daily driver, just feeling nostalgic for Pontiacs (my first 3 cars were Pontiacs) and want a convertible for the handful of sunny days we have in Ohio. He is asking $3800 which I would have gladly handed over if not for the issues. I am guessing $1,000 would cover the radiator and valve gasket issues. No clue I struts. The roof latch really isn't much of a problem, I only would drive it when it's nice out. Tires are easy to figure out.
So let me hear some opinions, should I buy it and how much should I offer?