need feedback and/or opinion - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

need feedback and/or opinion

I have a 05 gt -ivory white, chrome etc., which I purchased with a loan. I can get a ivory white 06, gtp on a lease for 24 months -monthly cost is about 100.00 more because the dealer will pay off the loan with the trade in etc. What do you people think--my wife thinks I am crazy--thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 09:46 PM

well that depends. does your wife have a LARGE insurance policy on you?

if so, maybe thats why she wants you to stay in the '05 GT. you know, with the steering wheel 'seizing up' issue and all......

but if you want to live a long and prosperous life (it had better be prosperous to cover the extra $100 bucks/mo!), then by all means go for the 'safer' '06 GTP.

if i get the chance, i'm going for a GTP too!!! just doubt i'll have the chance...
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 08:54 AM

If I was in your shoes I would just sell the 05 and try to PURCHASE the 06. Lease = BAD BAD Thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:04 AM

I'd go for the '06. If you don't trade cars very often then don't go for a lease. I like trading cars and as soon as I get right side up, I'll start leasing again. I've bought my last 3 cars and am so upside down it's crazy!! Leasing is good for those of us that want a new car every few years, but it's not for those that buy cars to have for a long period. I have a car purchasing problem kinda like I do with shoes!! Good Luck!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:46 PM

I'd lease it in a heartbeat. If you think financing a car is better than leasing, then you don't fully understand a lease. I'd be happy to try to explain it to anyone. I'll admit, it's not easy to understand, but I'm on my second one, and I love it. And it's not JUST for people who like to trade cars a lot. It's for people who don't like to risk their money.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 04:25 PM

Shoot me a pm.. seriously Im sure there is stuff I dont understand..even after the 20 explanations form various people. Hell half the people who have told me they understand don't seem to understand all of it.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 05:54 PM

Ygpm
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the PM very informative!!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 08:45 PM

Bad idea man, when you buy a car you should keep it for a while, you are going to take a huge depreciation hit. Wait until late December if you get the new one though. GM will hit the incentives hard to try and finish the year strong.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

opinions

further info on trading to a 06 gtp-the dealer ust told me that around nov 14 gm is supposed to offer more incentive until the new year-i wil wait another 2 weeks to see if i should trade my 05 for the 06 -either lease or finance. it seems if i lease i won't lose as uch in negative equity
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 02:17 PM

What do you mean you won't lose as much negative equity? Are they giving you more money for your current one if you lease? You will have less nagative equity on the next car, if you choose to lease it. I'm leasing my 06 GTP. The buyout in 36 months will be a little over $15,000. I highly doubt I'll find anyone willing to pay me that much for it.
PM me if you want some more details. I don't check all the threads very often.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 04:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Oracle Send a message via Skype™ to The Oracle
Exclamation My two cents...

hook2233:

Hey pal - I have purchased far more cars over the years using ONLY loans & have, like RP, become upside down at times. I have since "righted" myself & am one of you who is apparently "still" enjoying my new 2005 GT. Having read many of the postings regarding the steering issues (thankfully, I have not experienced this issue), I wonder what is so fantastic about the 06 other than a bit more hp under the hood (I'm sure I'll hear about that comment, huh?!)

Back to the topic at hand... IF you lease the 06, in 24 mos when the lease is up - WILL YOU have the remainder of the $ available to pay off the car OR are you planning on doing this number again in late 08? I'm not trying to pry - just help you to see where your wife may be going with how she's sizing up your situation.

It would be fabulous to be able to buy a new car every year - my grandparents used to do it all the time with Buicks. All it takes is $. I went online earlier this week & built an 06 just like my 05 GT & the cost was near the same within a couple of $. Have improvements been made???

Weigh your options carefully... Ask yourself, are you able to keep your head above water with whatever payments you are making now? Can you comfortably make an additional $100/mo payment without rocking the proverbial apple cart?

That's my two cents (hope I've helped).

Patrick [aka: The Oracle]
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 05:29 PM

Actually the only reason Im envious of the GTP is I got my car for more $$ than the GTP costs right now. The extra HP just isn't all that much more... Anyone seen performance numbers yet? (i dont have time to look right now).. I would think handling, and the possibility that he gets the 6speed would be the only perks.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Your wife is right. Your crazy.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

update on opinion

GM has a 3500 incenttive-for a 06 g6 - it might -with me adding a 4000 downpayment -wipe out my loan-get a 06 gtp - and a lower monthly payment--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 Buyer's Guide/General Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in