Pontiac G6 Forum banner

05 G6 GT should I buy?

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  care9012 
#1 ·
I am looking at an 05 G6 V6 GT. It is fully loaded! Leather seats, Panoramic sunroof and the good stuff.

My issue is that it has 123,000 miles on it.

Their asking price is like 9500. I was wondering if that was a decent deal? Got about 1500 on a trade in but wanted to make sure when I buy the car it doesnt break down on me!

My brother/mom are big pontiac people but I am being cautious.

#2 ·
sooo thats like 200,000 km.

WAY over priced.

I would never in my life get an 05 g6 used with that many km, let alone at that price.

im selling my 06 g6 gtp coupe with 105,000 km, or 65000 miles for 9,999. and it comes with extended warranty for another 15,000 km / 2.5 years and a set of 1 season old winter tires and rims.

maybe offer 5,000 if ur set on that car. seems like a realistic price to pay for a bagged ( in terms of miles ), 05, pontiac...and needless to say its a gm

#3 ·
Honestly i wouldnt, i LOVE pontiacs but really i wouldnt trust them far past 100k. Im not saying dont get any pontiac with that many miles but ive seen so many pontiacs go down right around that point. :mad: Also Ive seen a bunch of g6s a few grand less then that with less miles. Yeah theyre not fully loaded but still. I would say pass on this one but keep your eye open for others!:) thats my honest opinion haha :p

#10 ·
Every 3k miles for oil is over kill. Go every 5k and use high mileage oil synthetic.

The 4 speed transmissions were only really designed for a little over a 100K. The 6 speeds on the other hand are supposed to look brand new if you were to tear them apart at 200K
Source? That does not sound right.

#12 ·
Yep

#15 ·
Of course that's what they want you to do. Easy money. Go do some Googling and research oil changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.