New to the G6 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

New to the G6

Good to meet you all! Just got my 2008 G6 GT Coupe 3.5 last week and I must say I like it very much. I hope I can learn a lot here. The first thing i've done is order my Crab intake w/ FPU Thanks Lampoon! Looking forward to that.

Last edited by EvilMonkey; 05-25-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 12:20 PM

Welcome to the site !!!! congrats on your new g6 !!!!

5% tint, red brake calipers, rear parking sensors,LED licens plate light, LED reverse lights.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 PM

Welcome to the site and a great first upgrade to get! I recommend removing the resonator as well - sounds so much better!

Oh yeah and PICS!

David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisDave View Post
Welcome to the site and a great first upgrade to get! I recommend removing the resonator as well - sounds so much better!
Yes i've been thinking about that. I saw Crabs at work on YouTube and loved the sound! I don't know if I would like the sound of a resonator delete but may try it for kicks.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
welcome!!

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Pictures of my baby

Just to post a few first time pics as asked

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0186.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	2111
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0183.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	2112

It's got a black leather interior

CRABS are on the way! Itchy.....Hope to add sunroof, upgrade exaust (thinking magnaflow), and i've been going back and forth on a spoiler and MPD Ram Air Hood.

Last edited by EvilMonkey; 05-25-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: lists....ahhh....lists
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 09:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Looks Good, Your going to love the itch from Crabs!.... Let us know how the sunroof goes, I've always thought about that.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:21 PM
MonsterG6

adding a sunroof??!?!! how much does that cost. nice car btw! lucky you didnt get a 4cyl...id love an intake and a worthy exaust (gtr ftw)

15% Tint All around, Black Overlays, Headlights, System w/ Woofer, and Compstar Remote start setup.
To Come: Rims, tinted Taillights, K&N Drop-in
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Da.v3

very unsafe adding sunroof in most non alredy equipt cars. will cut major supports. bye bye in roll over

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:24 PM
MonsterG6

that sounds sketchy...

15% Tint All around, Black Overlays, Headlights, System w/ Woofer, and Compstar Remote start setup.
To Come: Rims, tinted Taillights, K&N Drop-in
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klixslide View Post
adding a sunroof??!?!! how much does that cost.
The person I spoke with at Yipes said it will range between 650-1000 depending on which I choose.

I've known many people who have added aftermarket sunroofs and haven't had a problem. I would think the weight and low profile of the G6 Coupe would make a roll highly unlikely. My main concern would be leakage. Anywho, i'm still debating it. CRABS is the obvious first upgrade!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Garage
an aftermarket roof is probably less likely to have a leak than having a stock one haha many people have had problems with poorly placed drainage tubes from the factory..

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Wow nice car! I have a 2008 G6 GT coupe as well! I added the crabs with the front pipe, and deleted my resonator, it sounded so gnarly! For a spoiler i would recomend the hammerhead! It breaks up the boring back end and looks unreal. Really adds to the cars lines. Although the MPD ram air hood is fully functional, im not sure i like the look of it. Search the AIT hood on google, its cheaper and looks better then the MPD hood imo.

Hammerhead Spoiler, CRAB intake, Resonator delete, Custom Magnaflow exhaust set up, Racing line front mount strut bar, Racingline MMI's, Red streetglow neon, WMAS 91 tune, 6000k HID's High's and Lows, Black and red outlined floor matts!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6inCanada View Post
For a spoiler i would recomend the hammerhead! It breaks up the boring back end and looks unreal. Really adds to the cars lines.
Funny thing is, I thought I hated that spoiler at first....but after much looking, this is actually what I am thinking of adding; I think it would look sick w/ the merlot. The only thing is I would feel obligated to get the ram air. Man....the dollar signs floooowwwww! Mods are addicting...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Funny thing is, I thought I hated that spoiler at first....but after much looking, this is actually what I am thinking of adding; I think it would look sick w/ the merlot. The only thing is I would feel obligated to get the ram air. Man....the dollar signs floooowwwww! Mods are addicting...
I know what you mean! I was starting to feel the same way about the ram air hood, the thing is, your not gunna get a hell of alot of performance out of a functional hood i dont think, i mean the ait hood still lets colder air in the engine, it just doesnt dump it over the air box. Unless you are gunna fully mod the performance of the car, i think the hood should be more for looks then functionality, im just new at this stuff tho, so thats just my opinion.

Hammerhead Spoiler, CRAB intake, Resonator delete, Custom Magnaflow exhaust set up, Racing line front mount strut bar, Racingline MMI's, Red streetglow neon, WMAS 91 tune, 6000k HID's High's and Lows, Black and red outlined floor matts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in