Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Long Time G6 Driver, First Time G6 Owner

6K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  jts08g6 
#1 ·
Hello G6 Owners!

My name is Devin. Ill be 25 come July 11th and am a proud owner of "my" first G6. My fiance (engaged back in May) has an 07 G6 GT. Due to me having a F-150 before my G6, I drove her car as much as possible to save gas and have some fun. (plus it had a sunroof)

My brother picked up an 07 G6 GT shortly after she got hers and I felt the need to get back into the Pontiac line of things.

Past Pontiacs included:

1993 GrandAm GT (metallic green/blue, dads car, so many hilarious moments)
1997 GrandPrix GT (red, 1st owners of this new line in the St. Louis area)
2001 GrandPrix GTP (red, wow!)
2003 GrandPrix GT (red, miss this one)

Picked up a white 2010 G6 2.4L w/ FlexFuel and a 6-speed auto with tapshift. I guess its a base model but damn does it look good/sporty!

I dont see alot of other 2010's and the ones I do, are either GT's or base models that dont have a rear spoiler, etc. This car is loaded.

I get GREAT gas mileage and cant tell a difference between using regular unleaded and E85. (using E85 alot due to the price being lower)

The only thing that seems weird to me is the 6-speed auto. I dont see alot of posts regarding this??? (saw some back in 2006 and 2007 so those are outdated)

I want to start on the mods but cant find too many posts about the 2.4l and what you can/cant do. (probably not alot but yeah)

Future plans:

-black angel eyes w/ white eyelids (already have HID's from DDMTuning)
-FOGLIGHTS! (matching HID's from DDMTuning, also need plastic cut-out piece for fogs)
-tint
-intake or drop-in
-exhaust if i can
-debadge
-tinted tails
-removal of XM antenna
-black rims (new or painted)
-white calipers
-white/clear led interior/accent lights
-white led wheelwell lights
-white interior accents such as door handles, shiftplate, etc.
-install of my polk audio 6.5's plus tweeters and my 6x9's along with amp
-black painted rear soiler
-black racing stripe on left side from front to back, turning to white when it gets to the rear spoiler, then back to black
-sunroof (possibly down the road)

That might all be alot to dream about but I want it done or to do it. There are probably a few other things I want done but cant think of it now.

Other than this, I play semi-pro paintball. I get to travel all over the US and play at some amazing places/venues. Good thing sponsorship picks up part of the bill or itd be super expensive. I play for a team out of Indianapolis, IN in tournament series and a team out of Nashville, TN in big games and for fun. (a few tournaments here and there) Recently engaged and have a soon to be 3yr old daughter.

That was alot.......sorry.

G6Whitie

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks gents.

Sedan, yes.

Pics, just my avatar for now. Ill get some shots alone and with the 07 GT.

G6Whitie

#7 ·
For sure. We can probably get some nice shots downtown. I have a GoPro we can use for some vids/pics as well.

I have some ideas!

G6Whitie

#8 ·
So I'm a wee bit behind. But.... I noticed you said you play paintball. Now I'm no semipro baller but I play as well, and so does the rest of my family. We normally play about every other weekend but I have only played maybe 3 times since I had my son in December and am itching to get back of the field. Where do u normally play at locally

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

#9 ·
I play at Xtreme Paintball Park in Millstadt, IL. I have played there for 10 years now. There is a place called Wildcat Paintball Park that I visit now and then as well. Its just a little north of Edwardsville.

I played for the team out of Xtreme for a few years. Now my team consists of players from Indiana, Tennessee, and Missouri. We practice 1-2 times a month if we can up at an indoor field called the Paintball Plex in Laotto, Indiana.

I love the sport and will play till the day I cant anymore.

G6Whitie

#10 ·
We normally play at xtreme. First time playing after having my son there was snow on the ground, couldn't find my cletes, my gear didn't fit, gun was acting up, nothing was going right and this punk kid was just pissin me off. Almost got kicked out because of it. So I played two games and left. Haha I had anger issues for people like that after my son was born so I figured it was best to leave.

#11 ·
I played for Total Greif (guys in purple) for a few years. I wonder if weve met before? Besides the tournament scene, we played Open Play alot. I was also a ref for many private groups and such.

Other than the car cruise, we gotta see if we can get the group out for some paintball...........that would be killer.

G6Whitie

#12 ·
Definatley. I'm sure we have. Have you ever driven around the golf cart? If you have I might be able to narrow down a hand ful of people

#13 ·
Many times. Both the purple leopard print one and the original black one.

The tint guy failed for the 2nd time tonight. Guess that means something.........

I wont be going to him for tint.........even though he was $70-$100 cheaper.

G6Whitie

#14 ·
I probably have met you then lol. Who was goin to do your tint.

#15 ·
One of the installers that used to work at Best Buy.

I called him Sunday morning to make sure we were good and to get directions and he said somehting came up and he couldnt. We rescheduled for tonight and he said he would call me by 6:30...........and he didnt.

Im not going to call him. I sat here waiting for him. Some BS!

Calling Audio Express, Custom Sounds, and Custom Car n Truck in the morning. Have been to Audio Express before for speakers and headunits. Been to Custom Car n Truck for tint. Just want a fair price. $250+ is just tooooo much!

The guy from Best Buy was doing it for $170.

G6Whitie

#16 ·
dont go to custom sounds. thats where i got mine done at and needless to say im not happy with them. they are really blurry and when i took it up there for them to fix they said thats the way the tint was. Seriously we have 6 cars and 4 of them are tinted i know how the should be. I guess since im a girl they think they could get away with telling me thats how it was.. Ill be going up there this week

#17 ·
Thanks for the input.

Good luck with your issue. Dont let them walk all over you.

G6Whitie

#18 ·
O no. Im a...uh... very aggressive person when it comes to my car and my money (as well as family and friends) I dont care if they have to rip it off and redo it 3x before they get it right, they will redo it. I shouldnt have to roll my windows down every time i have to make a turn at night because the oncoming traffics headlights are "starring" so bad i cant see.

#19 ·
that sucks about both of yours tints....i went to a local guy by me who specialized in residential and commercial but also did auto and it turned out great. left my windows up for 4 days just to be sure and they look great no haze or bubbling at all

#20 ·
The guy that normally does ours dropped of the face of the universe. Noone can get ahold of him.

#22 ·
If you didnt know, Custom Sounds got raided in the middle of the afternoon the other day. Word is alot of drug traffic was going on there. I dont know anymore details than that.

Custom Car & Truck wants $310 in cash to do my car. I laughed and hung up. The quality of the tint and install better hook me up with every girl I look at while driving. That or give me some massive HP. My god thats expensive.

G6Whitie

#23 ·
Ha well there goes my lifetime warranty.

#25 ·
Well if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

#26 ·
You should be good on your warranty. Id assume they put you in the computer and such. They are still there as of what it looked like today, dont know if they would close up or not.

G6Whitie

#27 ·
Ya I drove by yesterday and the workers were there but normally on a Saturday the place is packed and it wasn't :( I figured if nothin else there is one in the stl area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.