New owner of an 06 g6! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

New owner of an 06 g6!

Hey guys, my name is Sterling and I am getting a 2006 g6 base model tomorrow. I am a 19 year old college student and this will be my second car. I still have my first car which is a 96 Dodge Intrepid which I love to death and baby.

The g6 has 62,000 miles. I'm getting the car because it's free. My uncle is a used car dealer, and they received the car in on trade. The problem is, when they got it, it was having some issues and the biggest problem of all is it had a West Virginia salvage title on it. Up here in New York, the state doesn't like out of state salvage titles and its been sitting for months waiting for them to fix the title. Well they finally got it all situated yesterday and tomorrow, I get the car! Being a salvage title, they wouldn't be able to sell the car, and they gave the guy almost nothing for it.

I did an autocheck on the car, and it had a major front end collision at around 20k miles. Car was salvaged and rebuilt. I test drove the car and it felt so smooth. I had it looked at, and went underneath it myself, and was told its in beautiful shape, no rust which is unusual up here. The frame isn't bent, nothing is beaten up.

The car had to have a transmission put in, I can't believe at 62k miles it already went but the previous owner probably abused it. The windshield was replaced, and there were some bad sensors setting off the check engine light. I noticed while driving, the infamous steering right feels firm while steering left feels loose and then a popping noise. Seems like the steering column or i-shaft problem that plagues these cars. Oh well for a free car it would be worth it to drop some money in it.

So thank you for reading my long post haha, I'll be sure to get some pics up when I get her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 AM

hey welcome to the site! Sounds like you got one hell of a deal lol. Well deff post some pics up when you get a chance...if you have issues with your car you are in the right place. LOTS of knowledge to be gained from these threads. Personally im not too mechanical but i can help on modding tips
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 09:05 AM
beeeeeeefy

Garage
welcome to the g6 family!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 AM

Welcome!!!
Sounds like a hell of a deal

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in