Hey guys.... - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Fly like a G6

Hey guys....

Hello everyone I have owned my G6 since September of last year and I love it. I have already started doing little mods myself, they include painting the calipers to match the car, and painting the engine cover to match it as well. I'm gonna try to post pics tomorrow after I finish the back calipers. I am still having a stupid problem with the radio to where it doesn't eject a CD or take one in. I think it's the gears that allow the CD to roll in and out. I will do some searching around on that.

I'm a moderator on Trailvoy so I'm pretty good with the search function. You shouldn't have to worry about me asking many questions. I hope I can help people out on here like I have there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Welcome!... Im a little familiar with Trailvoy. be sure to post some pics.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 06:00 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I should get onto that Trailvoy forum, My dad drives an '07 Trailblazer with the inline 6. Not a bad ride...for being all stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Fly like a G6

Thanks guys. I have some pics of some mods I'll have more up soon prolly tomorrow night after I go take a GED test. Trailvoy is awesome, there is a lot of info on there.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 04:38 PM
CrAzY Moderator

Welcome to the club bud! You will love it here. Look around and if you need anything just ask or post something and im sure you will find what your looking for!

.~*Crazy J*~.

Appearance: Debadged, Black Overlays, LLumar 35% Windshield The Rest Are 15%, LED RL/BL, Fogs Lows and Highs are 8000K HIDS, G6 Vinyl Door Jam G6 Logo Covers, Custom Engine Bay Painting, Black Recessed Upper Grill, Red Caliper Painting, Tinted Tail Lights, Flexline Interior Lighting W/Remote.

Performance: Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Strut Tower Bar.

System: Complete Kicker System (Tweeters, 6x9's, 6 1/2's, 2-12" CVX Subs, 1000 Watt Kicker Sub Amp, 350 Watt Kicker Internal Speakers Amp), JVC KW-AVX830.

Security: 5900 Series Viper Car Alarm, Custom Painted Remote
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Fly like a G6

Thanks Justin...It looks like a good site to be on. I'm also on the G6performance site. I have already done some mods of my own on the G6. I'll hopefully have some pics up later this week. It's been a mess outside so I haven't been able to get any pics of the car. Glad to be part of the family here.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Lifetime Member

Welcome!

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

What mods have you done? When it comes to visual mods I'm a big fan of add chrome to the lower grill. Adding eyelids, and debading. The most expensive of those mods are the eyelids. haha, easy cheap mods if you ask me.

The fact you got a blue G6 just means that some or most of your visual mods can really POP! I've always liked that color!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Fly like a G6

Thanks Geewiz

Hey Crusin, I posted some pics in another thread that shows off the mods. I have painted the engine cover and the calipers already. I plan on the interior plastic pieces as well, I want them to match the car so I have to get some paint online, then I can get that going. Money's tight right now but once I get stuff caught up I plan on modding more. I have this damn mod bug now. I wanna get a WAMS 93 octane tune and hopefully have 7000 rpm shift points with that. I also wanna get an intake from Injen if I can find out for sure that it's going to work right without setting codes. I know I'll need a tune with that. I would like a supercharger since it hasn't been done yet, but that takes time and money none of which I have right now lol. Turbos don't seem to like our cars from what I've heard, but nobody has done a supercharger from what I've read so far. The tuning is going to be the hard part on that...getting it just right. I want a few other little things but I'll take it a step at a time and post my progress.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:06 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I hear yea, all it takes is money and time. I've hit the modding bug and crap ton of stuff has been done to my car because of it. I'm currently running out of ideas, But at this point my future plans include adding a supercharger.

ZZP sells a complete bolt on kit for the 2.4 Everything you need, PCM and all. Just bolt it on and go, available in different stages for more gains. I plan to get that and If I go all out, I'll probably get the Built trans from them as well. Same as mine so it'll be the smartest way to do it and cause the least amount of grief. We're talking about $3,000 for the Supercharger kit and around $2,000 for the built trans. If only I had the money! and the time i guess. or a loaner car. haha

I got the WAMS tune and frankly I love it!

P.S. They also sell a bolt on turbo kit for our motors. But it seems like more intense of an install. Especially because i'm pretty sure it requires dyno tuning to get it right. Where as the supercharger is tuned and ready to go. Well tuned for maximum durability that is. But you can tune it for more performance.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:43 AM

I see most of You here are obsessed with modding
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Well I'm a guy in my early 20's and I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that most other G6 owners are also guys who's ages likely range from 16-30ish and are likely just into cars. Therefore If you can do it, why not do it. Or if you're like me... if you can't do it, why not figure out a way to do it.

I'm also full Polish. From what I gather if you want something built or fixed, regardless of how it's done. Get a Polak!
if that makes a difference.

Last edited by CruisinG6; 01-23-2012 at 02:38 PM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Fly like a G6

I agree. I'm 21 and I love anything to do with cars. I can't leave my cars alone for one minute. If I think something needs fixing, I fix it. I love modding things because I like making things better than they already are. I love my Trailblazer as much as my G6. I mean how many 6 banger SUVs can do 0-60 in 6.8 seconds with 247,000 miles on them. It only has a tune, a drop in filter, and full synthetic fluids all around. Prolly pushing a little over 300 hp. I love my cars and modding is just another part of me owning them. I actually spent all day detailing the 6, just have to clay bar it next week once I get paid again.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I hear that I wish I had the money to just continue doing the things I want and need to do! Gah! I'm waiting for the spring time, This car is going to get a full detail. Clay bar, Buffing, Polishing, Waxing, The whole deal! Gonna be nice. And likely a photo shoot after.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 AM

it's ok i'm just jealous wish i had enough time and resources to do something like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in