Hello from Lithuania :) - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Hello from Lithuania :)

Hi, guys,
I see You have nice www here. Well i decided to join in as i got G6 also recently. This is my baby
You can see airbag inflated... Now it is repaired

I bought it on mobile.de in Germany. The only one in Europe GTP G6 sedan i guess )
So its definitely will be a problem with spare parts. I guess i will find help here, if i need.

Have a nice day to you all

Last edited by Homo neanderthalensis; 01-21-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Welcome!! I love those seats!!

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
welcome!!

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
G6R

Welcome

2006 G6 GTP
K&N CIA, Rockford Fosgate speakers.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM

welcome!

09 Ford Mustang Pony Edition
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Welcome!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Are You guys are all from North America? I mean, it's interesting how the G6 is popular worldwide Here in Lithuania most cars are made in Germany or Japan. If the engine is bigger than 2,5-3,0L you are probably insane to drive such a thirsty monster here
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 05:58 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Haha yeah I hear ya on the engine thing - I'm on an Astra Twintop forum based in the UK (pretty much the only actively posting North American member) and their engines top out at 2.0. I felt pretty high n mighty about my 3.9 until they mentioned getting 32 mpg around town

And welcome to our US funfest!

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Lucky you to live in US ) Because gas price in Lithuania is 6.6$/gallon. And average salary is around 500-1500$/month Now you can imagine what does it mean to have G6 here )))))) Is that yours convertible? Very nice... Wish i could get that one
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
CrAzY Moderator

welcome to the club! Nice 6!

.~*Crazy J*~.

Appearance: Debadged, Black Overlays, LLumar 35% Windshield The Rest Are 15%, LED RL/BL, Fogs Lows and Highs are 8000K HIDS, G6 Vinyl Door Jam G6 Logo Covers, Custom Engine Bay Painting, Black Recessed Upper Grill, Red Caliper Painting, Tinted Tail Lights, Flexline Interior Lighting W/Remote.

Performance: Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Strut Tower Bar.

System: Complete Kicker System (Tweeters, 6x9's, 6 1/2's, 2-12" CVX Subs, 1000 Watt Kicker Sub Amp, 350 Watt Kicker Internal Speakers Amp), JVC KW-AVX830.

Security: 5900 Series Viper Car Alarm, Custom Painted Remote
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 09:55 PM

Indeed on the gas prices And yes I have the convertible version and do love it (for the most part). Hey if you're on Facebook you can check out more pics of the car (in the Current Ride section) and other odd random stuff as advertised by clicking the link in my sig And shoot me a Friend Request as well

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 08:15 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Welcome to the site! I didn't know any G6s were sold or driven over sees! I thought they were limited to the US and Canada. and I guess there would be some in Mexico. Was it imported? But anyways I'm sure you'll love it. I bet you'll still find parts for it out there though. The G6 is built off the Epsilon platform, Which is also what they use to build some Opals and a Fiat or two. I'm sure if you do have any issues with getting parts someone from here would probably be willing to find parts and send them out to you. May be cheaper that way then having a shop or dealer order and ship them for ya! haha

I love your seats as well! Very nice! Enjoy your G6!

Oh and I think although you pay over $6 a gallon for gas I think it's slightly different then the gas we get here in the states. From what I could put together the gas in Europe can yield higher power ratings and better mileage...
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

My previous car was Mazda 626. Old, but reliable. So i decided to look for newer Mazda 6. Anyway i didn't find anything, that fits my needs for the asked price. So i was just surfing through various ads and somehow accidentally stuck on this G6 in Germany. I instantly liked it The price was unreal low. And I managed to deal for just 4400 euros (~5600$). The car had only one owner, no serious issues (checked in Carfax). I think that previous owner brought it to Germany by himself and after minor accident decided to get rid of it as repairing would be unreasonable (time and money). All my friends thought that i was just joking 3,9L! Am i crazy?? And repairing will cost me an arm&leg here. But i was stubborn enough Finally i got my car to Lithuania. And here it all started First i needed to adopt my G6 according European requirements (precisely car lights). Then many more bureaucracy procedures... And also repairing that minor dent and inflated airbags. The final price grew to 6500euros (8400$). Anyway it was way more cheaper than buying for example Mazda 6 or Honda accord of the same year. Overall car was in very good condition, driven mostly in California. It had 80000 miles. As i mentioned i found only one GTP in all Europe. A couple of GT coupe and sedans.. No more than this. )) So i am very glad that i found this site. Not feeling so lonely across the Atlantic ocean ))
As for gas. The lowest octane is 95 in gas stations. Driving on highway 50-60miles/h i got 7,5L/100km (31mpg). In the city its hard to measure, because i spend a lot of time in Mcdrive etc. )

Last edited by Homo neanderthalensis; 01-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Mcdrive FTW !

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 07:03 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Still not a bad price for the GTP, you got the biggest motor the car came with, if it was just imported and driven though then it's not working properly off the 95 octane you have, here in the states the lowest octane is 87, which is what the car is programmed to run on. You may want to consider getting the car tunes to run off the 95 octane you have out there, You'll see more performance and MPG gains once you allow that engine to take advantage of the stronger fuels, What are the other ratings available out there?
On the east coast it goes 87, 89, 93 and on the west I believe its 87,89,91. I found some gas stations out here that have something closer to 95 or 105 octane, but then it'll cost closer to what you pay. 6-7$ per gallon.

Pretty nice it was mostly driven in California. You know it probably has no issues with rust! Hopefully it wont be too much of a hassle to be approve to drive on the roads out there. I don't know much about the regulations but I know that laws regarding the lights are different.

Good luck in getting the car all set and ready to be your new daily driver. You'll love it even more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in