Hello - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Hello

Hey guys, My name is Dustin and I own a 2007 G6 GT Convertible. I like the car so far, looking for some light mods nothing too crazy. This is my daily driver, as I am in the middle of building my 2010 Lancer right now, to which I got up to around 250whp at 7psi. So im ready to take a break from performance with the g6 and try and get nice clean ride on the outside. I have been viewing the forum here throughout the day, and searching the net for different parts. To be honest I am having a hard time finding parts for this car. Looking for Coilovers, all I see are Eibach Springs. Only CAI i can find is K&N. How does the exterior match up with the GTP, are the parts interchangable. Lookin to learn some stuff about the g6. Im sure you guys can help. All in all im look for a "Hella Flush" Ride before summer hits, haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 PM
G6's resident led guru

Garage
i don't know if springs will work for the convertible and yes the gtp and gxp stuff is interchangeable. look at crab intakes they're way better than the k&n a member on the site here makes them. there's eagle eyes headlights which are halo headlights and are awesome. anything else just ask
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
CrAzY Moderator

Welcome bud and anything that you might need like stated above ideas can always been thrown out to you!

.~*Crazy J*~.

Appearance: Debadged, Black Overlays, LLumar 35% Windshield The Rest Are 15%, LED RL/BL, Fogs Lows and Highs are 8000K HIDS, G6 Vinyl Door Jam G6 Logo Covers, Custom Engine Bay Painting, Black Recessed Upper Grill, Red Caliper Painting, Tinted Tail Lights, Flexline Interior Lighting W/Remote.

Performance: Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Strut Tower Bar.

System: Complete Kicker System (Tweeters, 6x9's, 6 1/2's, 2-12" CVX Subs, 1000 Watt Kicker Sub Amp, 350 Watt Kicker Internal Speakers Amp), JVC KW-AVX830.

Security: 5900 Series Viper Car Alarm, Custom Painted Remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Yep suspension mods are NOT recommended on the vert because of the weight distribution requirements needed to allow for both when the top is up and when it's down.

CRABs, GT-R & Eagle Eyes yes!

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I will be HellaFlush within a few months. As well as supercharged.

But anyways, for intake go with CRABS. you can get a WAMS tune to get it running of 91 or 93 octane for a boost in power.
I found coilovers for the Saab 9-3 (same platform) as well as a how-to for install including modifications. I know it'll work on the 4 door. No idea about the 2 door. let alone the 2 door coupe. I'm sure you can still try em but it's completely on you and can't be too great. Like DropTop said. It's not recommended...

I'm also in the processes of finding good wheels. Although its front wheel drive i'll be getting a wider offset in the rear and it'll have a great stance when i'm done. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in