Looking to buy a G6 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Looking to buy a G6

Hey everyone I'm looking to buy a g6 so I'm probably going to asking a few questions and i figured this is the best place to ask. I'm Coming from a Monte Carlo that decided to die on me so its time to buy a new car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Autobot Mechanic Lycan

Garage
If your coming from a Monte then I would suggest a g8. with the g6 you will be losing some room.

But if that doesn't matter I suggest a v6 engine with a sunroof if you can find one. If your gas crazy then go with the 4 cylinder but still get the sunroof for those warm sunny days.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Colon Fire & Rescue

Ill sell you mine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

What are you looking for in the G6? Comfort, performance, style, economy, extra options. You can choose a nice G6 to suit your needs perfectly!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Well I had a 90's era Monte so it wasn't the biggest so that's not too much of a concern. But really I'm looking at the 6's because they are better priced than the 8's. And the G6's are some of the nicer cars for under 15k.

I really just want something that's decent on gas, the Monte averaged about 21mpg. I would really like to get a G8 but finances make that tough with rent, insurance, school etc. And definitely low miles so I can keep it for a long time.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
If your coming from a Monte then I would suggest a g8. with the g6 you will be losing some room.

But if that doesn't matter I suggest a v6 engine with a sunroof if you can find one. If your gas crazy then go with the 4 cylinder but still get the sunroof for those warm sunny days.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free
I'm pretty sure that if he's here looking at a G6 then he probably can't afford a G8... They are in a whole different price category.

2011 Mustang V6 3.7L
Sterling-Gray Metallic
Mods: BAMA Tuned | Auto Headlights | Fog Lights | Ford Official All-Weather Floor Mats | Hood Spears | Bassani Exhaust | Airaid CAI | Roush Rear Valence | 3.55 Gears | Breyton Wheels
Upgraded Audio: MTX REQ-5 | Alpine PDX-5 | 4x Kenwood 6x8s | Pioneer 12" Shallow Mount Sub
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
I'm pretty sure that if he's here looking at a G6 then he probably can't afford a G8... They are in a whole different price category.
Yup exactly. As much as I would rather have a G8 I don't think I can afford it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

That's why I got a G6.
I have the 2.4 4cyl Base. I like it, I got onstar, XMradio, AUX input, Airbags, TC, ABS, TPMS, Lether trimmed steering wheel, ebrake and shifter. And I have averaged around 27 mpg on mixed driving when it was all stock. With modifications I've been doing about 25 mpg recently, and I'm not driving it completely efficiently. I do have some fun with it...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Autobot Mechanic Lycan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellsun View Post
Well I had a 90's era Monte so it wasn't the biggest so that's not too much of a concern. But really I'm looking at the 6's because they are better priced than the 8's. And the G6's are some of the nicer cars for under 15k.

I really just want something that's decent on gas, the Monte averaged about 21mpg. I would really like to get a G8 but finances make that tough with rent, insurance, school etc. And definitely low miles so I can keep it for a long time.
ok, so i would go with a 4 cylnder with a sunroof. that way you get GREAT fuel economy, with or without mods, and you have a sunrof that in my opinoin adds to the sportieness and cuts the need to use your A/C (which uses gas). leather w/ heated seats is your choice. i love having them but i know its not a neccesity and cloth doesnt super heat it the summer or freeze in the winter.

Quote:
you never know, there are a select few that like the looks, size, and gas milage of the g6 better than the g8 but are perfectly capable of buying one. i didnt know what his situation was, thats why i decided to ask instead of assume.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 08:42 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Don't forget the G8 is really an Australian car. The Holden Commodore I believe it is. Man would I love to have that car. They're selling it now as the new Caprice I think, But I heard it was pulled from the market again, I only see them driving around my area as cop cars. But still would be pretty great to have... If the money was there. haha

I can honestly say... at first I just settled for my G6. but over the years it grew on me, and I love this thing, I wouldn't trade it for anything else!... yet
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
Don't forget the G8 is really an Australian car. The Holden Commodore I believe it is. Man would I love to have that car. They're selling it now as the new Caprice I think, But I heard it was pulled from the market again, I only see them driving around my area as cop cars. But still would be pretty great to have... If the money was there. haha

I can honestly say... at first I just settled for my G6. but over the years it grew on me, and I love this thing, I wouldn't trade it for anything else!... yet
I'd definitely get a G8 if the opportunity arose. I love those cars!

And that's exactly how I felt about my G6. It was an awesome car for what it was, especially when I'd spend every weekend at the beach and I'd bring friends along.

Then I got into the new Mustang, and I said screw friends, this thing is much more fun and haven't looked back since. lol

2011 Mustang V6 3.7L
Sterling-Gray Metallic
Mods: BAMA Tuned | Auto Headlights | Fog Lights | Ford Official All-Weather Floor Mats | Hood Spears | Bassani Exhaust | Airaid CAI | Roush Rear Valence | 3.55 Gears | Breyton Wheels
Upgraded Audio: MTX REQ-5 | Alpine PDX-5 | 4x Kenwood 6x8s | Pioneer 12" Shallow Mount Sub
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

haha! That's the way to do it! Thankfully some of my friends played a big role in the modifications of my car. And I'm glad for it! I recently went to a part and a lot of people did a double take as they walked passed my car... I got the driveway spot

And I'm going to a car meet this weekend, hopefully. I don't drive the typical car guys car like all these people do, they've got 240's cressidas, old school awesome cars. I'm gonna be rolling in with my G6. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only domestic car there! haha
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
haha! That's the way to do it! Thankfully some of my friends played a big role in the modifications of my car. And I'm glad for it! I recently went to a part and a lot of people did a double take as they walked passed my car... I got the driveway spot

And I'm going to a car meet this weekend, hopefully. I don't drive the typical car guys car like all these people do, they've got 240's cressidas, old school awesome cars. I'm gonna be rolling in with my G6. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only domestic car there! haha
Sounds like a fun time! Roll up playin that "Fly like a G6" song...LOL.

2011 Mustang V6 3.7L
Sterling-Gray Metallic
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'd definitely get a G8 if the opportunity arose. I love those cars!
Then I got into the new Mustang, and I said screw friends, this thing is much more fun and haven't looked back since. lol
haha. Yeah if I can find a G8 (for a good price) I'm going to jump on it. And yeah screw friends have to take car of yourself first.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 04:57 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Sounds like a fun time! Roll up playin that "Fly like a G6" song...LOL.
Oh man that would be PERFECT! haha I think I may just do that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in