almost a new GTP owner - Pontiac G6 Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
 
almost a new GTP owner

I'm looking at a GTP convertible or coupe at the moment. Other than a nagging wife the only thing stopping me is the lack of a tether bolt in the convertible. The specs say there is one, but we couldn't find it at the lot last night.
Having the ability to put in a front-facing car seat is more of a "just in case" thing as I wouldn't be hauling our baby around in it, our VUE is for the family.
The coupe does have them so it's looking like the convertible is a no go, altho I did email GM to ask about it.
y2chuck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Designed For Action
 
Kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kings Park,NY
Age: 59
Posts: 509
 
Welcome to the site. Get pics up, as soon as the car is in your hands.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
Kman is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 05:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 557
 
Welcome to the site! I'd wait a little while on the convertible, since they are just arriving at dealers you won't be able to move the price at all. Coupes have a lot more hagling room right now. Good luck with the decision.
bigbengt67 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbengt67
Welcome to the site! I'd wait a little while on the convertible, since they are just arriving at dealers you won't be able to move the price at all. Coupes have a lot more hagling room right now. Good luck with the decision.
yeah, good point. The dealer I'm looking at only has 1 but there's another around here with about 12 of them according to their online inventory.

I'll take an invoice printout with me and shoot for the best.

Wife is still giving my grief about trading in our Mazda6 for it, but oh well, she gets the VUE, I get the vert!
y2chuck is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 05:03 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 488
 
Get the coupe! It looks meaner, and there's plenty of room in it too!
GTPGuy82 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 05:59 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2chuck
the only thing stopping me is the lack of a tether bolt in the convertible. The specs say there is one, but we couldn't find it at the lot last night.

I'm the proud owner of a new convertible (see the members rides section of this forum). I have the owners manual in front of me. The diagram on page 1-48 clearly shows that there is NO top tether anchor for the rear seats in the "retractable hardtop" model.

Nor have I seen any apparent, marked or otherwise. The lower anchors are marked and I have found them.

You can find the top tethers in both the coupe (2) and the sedan (3), according to the same page in the Owners Manual.

GL with convincing the wife!
dpbrown777 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbrown777
I'm the proud owner of a new convertible (see the members rides section of this forum). I have the owners manual in front of me. The diagram on page 1-48 clearly shows that there is NO top tether anchor for the rear seats in the "retractable hardtop" model.

Nor have I seen any apparent, marked or otherwise. The lower anchors are marked and I have found them.

You can find the top tethers in both the coupe (2) and the sedan (3), according to the same page in the Owners Manual.

GL with convincing the wife!

Thanks....and bummer! Funny, as I type this GM responded to my email stating the same thing...
y2chuck is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
 
Ok, it's not a G6, but I ended up in an 06 Torrent Sport instead! Wife and I did a lot of talking and decided to make this our new family vehicle. She'll keep her VUE until it blows up and agreed that when we move into a new place with more parking the G6 GXP (if it comes out) or the Solstice can be my next car!!

I love this Torrent, Pontiac has done a great job with it. Solid, great steering and handling (for an SUV) and the Pioneer system is KILLER!

y2chuck is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 557
 
Sorry, but thats a horrible choice. Same vehicle as the VUE! Good luck with that.
bigbengt67 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Designed For Action
 
Kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kings Park,NY
Age: 59
Posts: 509
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbengt67
Sorry, but thats a horrible choice. Same vehicle as the VUE! Good luck with that.
Vue, Equinox and Torrent are all the same. I guess he really liked the Vue.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
Kman is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman
Vue, Equinox and Torrent are all the same. I guess he really liked the Vue.

Drive a VUE and then drive a Torrent. There is a HUGE difference between them despite being built on the same platform. Same as the Malibu and G6. built on the same platform, but both provide much different driving experiences.
y2chuck is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Designed For Action
 
Kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kings Park,NY
Age: 59
Posts: 509
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2chuck
Drive a VUE and then drive a Torrent. There is a HUGE difference between them despite being built on the same platform. Same as the Malibu and G6. built on the same platform, but both provide much different driving experiences.
I think you mean that the Torrent has a sportier suspension tuning. What the Torrent really needs is the 3.9L V6.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
Kman is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 02:52 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbengt67
Sorry, but thats a horrible choice. Same vehicle as the VUE! Good luck with that.

The Equinox/Torrent are nearly identical, but the Vue shares next to nothing with the 'Nox/Torrent, except the platform.
nsap is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 03:26 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 557
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman
Vue, Equinox and Torrent are all the same. I guess he really liked the Vue.
Add the next Suzuki XL7 to that list as well.
Quote:
The Equinox/Torrent are nearly identical, but the Vue shares next to nothing with the 'Nox/Torrent, except the platform.
I consider that to be a lot, especialy when they are the only two vehicles in your household. Anyway, the best vehicle on that platform is the VUE Redline.

Last edited by bigbengt67; 06-01-2006 at 03:28 PM.
bigbengt67 is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 07:23 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 28
 
Actually, the Torrent and Equinox are on the same platform, but it is stretched like 6 inches from the Vue. Also, the engines are different, the Equinox and Torrent have GM V6's made in China, while the Vue has the pitiful 2.2 Ecotec or a Honda V6 .
Ralphy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome