Hi I'm new - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Hi I'm new

Hi I'm Chris. New to the site, but been a member on g6performance for a few months. Look forward to learning everything possible about the G6. I haven't had the best luck with this car so far, but it looks good. Oh by the way I have a 2007 G6 GT convertible with the LZ9. Had it for a little over 2 months and already replaced front pads/rotors, rear main seal, and still needs a wheel bearing replaced. Car has right at 130,000. I bought extended warranty with car which payed for rear main. Hopefully things get better with it, but things have definitely not been good with this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:07 PM

Welcome to the G6 world! Hahaha
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:08 PM

Welcome to the club!

My Progression

Mods: BMD Performance Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

So these cars are known for having problems?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picobread View Post
So these cars are known for having problems?

Not necessarily.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 07:34 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Verts are sexy! Welcome aboard!

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:24 PM

Garage
Welcome! Your car has 130k miles, so maintenance was probably needed soon anyways

2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Blacked-out Emblems and Grilles | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABS Op. 3 + FPU | Eibach Lowering Springs | OBX Exhaust

COMING NEXT: 25mm Wheel Spacers | Racingline Strut Bar & MMI's | and possibly the AIT Front Bumper
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 07:18 PM

My '07 G6 convertible has been pretty good to date. From what I see they are every bit as reliable as other mainstream cars. Mine is more like 97k and I am just going through the 100k replacement checklist. Plugs, Trans fluid etc. Mine is stock apart from the lights which are now replaced with black Eagle Eyes. Had been looking at them for a while when I had a rather large argument with a medium sized deer. Front light busted - decision made
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Yea. I hit a very large deer in my Mazda 6 which brought me to this car. I loved my Mazda and had a lot done to it. Dang deer! It's just been something constantly from first picking this car up. It's more of a coupe since the top doesn't actually go down...but I bought car knowing that. I got good deal since top needed repair, but with other problems it turned to a bad deal. Only things I've done to it is replace lights with LEDs in interior and the zxe headlights. If I can get everything fixed then I'm going to do full overhaul of sound system. My 18" moteig dp5s won't fit (5x114) so need to sell those plus I kinda like the stock 18s. Anyone had to fix clunking in front end? Maybe end links? Not sure .
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Forgot I had my windows tinted too. 35% on driver and passenger windows and 20% on back and little windows. Suggestions on the clunking and anyone who has done nice system in convertible would be much appreciated.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 09:05 PM

Clunking in the front is commonly end links, might be time to get some upgraded ones

My Progression

Mods: BMD Performance Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in