New Member - Pontiac G6 Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
 
New Member

Hi,
My name is Bill, I am from East Perersburg Pa.
I have 2 codes currently on our 2006 G6.

They are:
P0303 Cylinder 3 miss
P1174 Fuel trim cylinder balance bank 1.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it to the garge.
Bill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 10:30 AM
Old far...er...tinkerer..
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 297
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hi,
My name is Bill, I am from East Perersburg Pa.
I have 2 codes currently on our 2006 G6.

They are:
P0303 Cylinder 3 miss
P1174 Fuel trim cylinder balance bank 1.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it to the garge.
The cause and effect needs to be determined first. I suspect the miss on cylinder three is causing a rich condition in the exhaust resulting in the fuel trim message. But I also wonder if could be the other way around, if a leaky injector could be causing a rich condition and also causing the miss.

I suspect the former. What motor is in the car? Have you inspected under the hood? A bad plug wire could be causing the miss. Or maybe the plug is bad. If the wire and plug are good, I'd probably try a new coil pack. After that, I need more expertise

Doug

.
plano_doug is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plano_doug View Post
The cause and effect needs to be determined first. I suspect the miss on cylinder three is causing a rich condition in the exhaust resulting in the fuel trim message. But I also wonder if could be the other way around, if a leaky injector could be causing a rich condition and also causing the miss.

I suspect the former. What motor is in the car? Have you inspected under the hood? A bad plug wire could be causing the miss. Or maybe the plug is bad. If the wire and plug are good, I'd probably try a new coil pack. After that, I need more expertise

Doug

.
We dropped it off at the repair shop last night. My wife said she had no stearing and it stalled when she got to the shop. It seems to be the alternator. Is it possible the codes are because of the alternator is not putting out the correct voltage.
Bill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire
 
Lampoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 5,348
    
How many miles on it? Plugs are good to 100k.
Youd be surprised what a new set of iridium plugs and wires will do.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Lampoon is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Old far...er...tinkerer..
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 297
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
We dropped it off at the repair shop last night. My wife said she had no stearing and it stalled when she got to the shop. It seems to be the alternator. Is it possible the codes are because of the alternator is not putting out the correct voltage.
The newer cars have electric power steering (rather than hydraulic). So if the electrical system can't produce enough power, the steering cold be affected.

But if the alternator is so bad as to cause that issue, I'd expect a dead battery - ie, a no-start condition.

As for the other problems, I'm sure a low voltage condition can cause things such as misfires and stalling. But again I'd expect a dead battery before I got those problems. That said, if the voltage regulator (inside the alternator) had gone intermittent, it might could cause some of these other issues without causing a dead battery.

I hope the new alternator fixes everything. Let us know if it does, or if you still have misfires and stalling afterward.

Doug

.
plano_doug is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
 
Hi,

I am Aaron from Chicago Illinois. I drive a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT. I am having problems with the speaker being distorted at low volume.
ajheth7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Member hills New Member Introductions 5 09-13-2012 01:28 PM
New member bladex New Member Introductions 4 08-22-2012 06:08 AM
New member here 35th ed/ed New Member Introductions 5 09-09-2009 11:17 AM
New member GenerousMotors New Member Introductions 6 08-24-2009 08:48 AM
New Member sandiego New Member Introductions 0 04-16-2008 10:02 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome