New Member - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Just bought a 2007 G6 for my son's first car. I am a reactor operator at a nuclear power plant in Virginia. I may not be able to figure out what's wrong with a car, but can fix it when I know what the problem is.

Couple of things about the car so far:

1. The car has been wrecked twice, once left front and the other is unknown (but I got it fairly cheap).
2. The steering is a little different than any other car I have ever driven. The car responds very quickly to when shimmying the wheel left and right around center, but seems hard to actually get it to turn when making a left or right. Is this normal for the G6?
3. Took it to my mechanic after buying and he replaced leaking oil pressure switch. Following repair the check engine light was on and the code was P0496, high purge flow for a set amount of time. Any relation to the repair at all? I am going to ask mechanic tomorrow. I disconnected negative terminal to reset check engine light and see if it comes in again.

Any help/advice about the G6 is appreciated and thank you.

P.S. 144000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 06:08 PM

Welcome Solard, I would love to help you, but these are problems I have never heard of.....hopefully you have it straightened out by now.....the good news re the G6 is that the engines are shared with many other GM's, so mechanics have lots of experience with them.....I had a wierd problem with mine after I bought it a year ago and the GG Owners Club hit a home run for the fix....I had what sounded like a slipping belt or bad belt tensioner......it turned out to be an exhaust issue!.......Guys in the club suggested a fix that is better than GM's......Best of Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in