Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2007 gt retractable

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  waterfowler76 
#1 ·
i bought this car about a month ago to replace a 1989 camaro convertible that got rear ended.i never even heard of a g6.i did once own a 1970 four door bonneville.i also have a buick reatta which i inherited which is my first front wheel drive car.i avoided front wheel drive cars before then.the reatta is a pretty nice car for being 27 years old.i found the g6 on craigslist while searching for convertibles.i like that its a convertible while being mostly secure with the top up.i previously liked the 1959 ford retractables and also the lexus.mine has the 3.5 auto which is pretty peppy.it also has warped front rotors which i understand is common on these cars.in the glovebox was receipts from the po where he had had the rotors replaced twice in the last four years.unless i can find a better ins company i can't afford to update the brakes now.i probably would have preferred the four cylinder and or six speed because mpgs are important plus my insurance company seems to think this is a race car.i was surprised to see how nice this g6 is.it seems to have all the options except onstar,leather, and automatic climate control.the computer says the mpg is around 23 which is the best ive ever gotten.its very comfortable and quiet.the manual shift option seems silly to me unless towing something.i need to replace the front bumper cover because i removed the tag holder and its mangled.i bought a pyle rear view mirror/back up cam since the ability to see out the back is so bad.i need to figure out how to run the wires.
pet peave..this is my first car with the plastic headlights.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.