My first G6
Recently my wife was purchased a G6 and since then it has became my tinker toy with plenty of little quirks to be fixed, it was originally red but was "murdered out" on a budget..
Things that have been fixed:
1. Turn signal/headlight combination switch.(Was snapped off and a nub was left due to what was likely baby momma drama)
2. EGR Canister Purge Valve. (Biggest eyesore EVER, line was snapped off so they attempted to bridge the connection with a drink straw with a capri sun straw inside it.. SUPPORTED with a twig between that and the electrical pigtail wrapped in duct tape..
To be fixed by order of priority:
1. Front pads and rotors, pads are probably ok however left front rotor is worn BAD and probably warped even worse.. giving the knocking sound as you start to apply brakes sometimes.....
2. Shift Solenoid 1-2, have to let off accelerator at 2.8-3k rpms to allow trans to shift from first to second, all other gears shift smoothly.
3. Rear Speakers, connector ripped on back left and back right goes in and out so possibly going out with it.
4. Correct size battery installed and mounted with retainer purchased as well.
5. Every inch of interior scrubbed vacuumed and protected, minor touch ups, scratch and dent repaired. and decision of covering shifter chrome trim with vinyl wrap or hydro-dip...
Got my weekends set for me!