Hi from |Brilliant Rewards - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Hi from |Brilliant Rewards

Just a quick message to say hi, and get some help. I have a 08 G6 with just under 35,000 km on it, it has been pulsating when braking coming off the highway and going down steep hills. Took it to the dealer and they called to say I need new rotors and pads all around. I stated only 35,000 km how does this happen. Service manager told me they were rusted out and not covered by warranty and that I should have had them serviced at 20,000 km - as this is standard procedure. Has anyone else heard or experienced this problem. Do you really need to have your brakes checked every 20,000 km. I have owned many Pontiacs (Sunfires) and had over 80,000 km and never had to replace brakes. Any knowledge would be helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 04:48 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

No...the rotors are crap. I swapped all mine out at 45k. Your better getting aftermarket
and not going through your dealership. It wouyld also be less hurt on your wallet.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 05:24 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brilliantrewards View Post
Service manager told me they were rusted out and not covered by warranty and that I should have had them serviced at 20,000 km - as this is standard procedure. Has anyone else heard or experienced this problem.
Hum? rusted out pads and rotors? A big BULL SHIT on that one! Now you know that particular stealership with screw you. Follow Lampoon's advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brilliantrewards View Post
Do you really need to have your brakes checked every 20,000 km. I have owned many Pontiacs (Sunfires) and had over 80,000 km and never had to replace brakes.
IMO, it never hurts to check them every 20Kmiles or so.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

thanks for all your support. I have spoken with Warranty and have now filed a claim in CAMVAP who thinks this is ridiculous as welll. A hearing will be scheduled where the Service Manager and I both get to tell our stories. There is a really good chance I will receive my money back, especially since he never mentioned the rusting out problem to me either on the phone or in person. He only said it to the Warranty Department after he claimed to have already discussed the issue with them (They had no record). I spoke with the dealer I bought the car from (different town) and he told me I did not do anything wrong as long a I have had my regular lube, oil filter I should not have anything to worry about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in