Hello From Buffalo NY - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Hello From Buffalo NY

Hello all,

I just bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT this week and am loving it. I came across this site when looking for information about all the features of the monsoon sound package.

Annnd thats about it.

-Bullseyed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Lifetime Member

Hi!

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Hello! Coupe or Sedan? Color? Pics are always welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Helllloooooo buffaaallloooooooooooooooooooooo

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Winter snow pics will be appreciated come January

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsGTP View Post
Hello! Coupe or Sedan? Color? Pics are always welcome!
Coupe. I'll get pictures sooner or later I'm sure, but I don't really have a non-cell-phone camera at the moment.

It's the metallic blue color, 2006, coupe, G6 GT with Monsoon sound upgrade, 23,000 miles, etc.

Eventually I'm probably going to do some upgrades (My brother owns a detail shop and is getting into doing HID installations. I'm interested in doing some kind of blue interior lighting thing. Maybe even replacing the red backlit consoles with blue, if that is even possible.) but for now I'm just trying to learn about all the factory features, mostly for the sound system.

Turned off the horn honking when I lock and unlock (that was so annoying) and it took me 20 minutes to figure out that the interior lights turning on when the door opens was tied to the dome light in the back. Figured out how to use the 6 disc changer and messed with all the presets and tone and whatnot. What I'm onto now is trying to figure out how to use the 'song list' button. The random button seems pretty self explanatory, but the two buttons next to it seem to indicate there is some kind of playlist option? I'll poke around in the audio portion of the site later on, but that's what I've been after recently.

Wow, I'm long winded.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptop Diamond View Post
Winter snow pics will be appreciated come January
The blue will probably look sweet in a winter setting. Going to be such a pain to get it washed all the time to prevent salt damage though.

Previous car was a 2002 Sunfire, so winter driving should be a lot more fun with double the horsepower.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
Helllloooooo buffaaallloooooooooooooooooooooo
I'm pretty stereotypically Buffalo.

Sabres rule.

TO = Super Bowl? Time will tell.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:53 PM

Let's see how "Buffalonian" you are - were you upset when the Braves moved to San Diego? If so, not a true "Buffalonian"

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 09:22 AM

Welcome & you sound like my car twin minus the monsoon

06 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Let's see how "Buffalonian" you are - were you upset when the Braves moved to San Diego? If so, not a true "Buffalonian"
That isn't how Buffalonian I am, that is how old I am. I'm only 22 so I don't have much recollection of it, seeing as their last game played was April 9, 1978, almost 10 years before I was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMYG6 View Post
Welcome & you sound like my car twin minus the monsoon
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was looking at pictures of yours the other day for ideas. You had a better interior package than I did, but I actually don't mind not having the leather seats which I was originally bummed about. I like the racing style foam/cloth ones better and they don't get hot in the sun/summer.

I love the monsoon system so far, I just wish the manual had more information about it.

I like the idea of the option to switch to manual transmission, but since I have no experience with it, I haven't really used it yet for fear of killing my transmission by messing up with shifting.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Haha j/k about the Braves but we got to find out how old you are

One of my favorite things about this car is the manumatic - I had the steering wheel paddle shifter setup on my Grand Prix and, while both have their advantages and disadvantages now that I'm used to the floor shifter I think I like it better. Don't worry about your transmission; there are safeguards against you upshifting or more importantly downshifting too early/by mistake. It's definitely a much more fun driving experience

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Haha j/k about the Braves but we got to find out how old you are

One of my favorite things about this car is the manumatic - I had the steering wheel paddle shifter setup on my Grand Prix and, while both have their advantages and disadvantages now that I'm used to the floor shifter I think I like it better. Don't worry about your transmission; there are safeguards against you upshifting or more importantly downshifting too early/by mistake. It's definitely a much more fun driving experience
I'm pretty open when it comes to personal information, lol. Could have asked age and I would have told you. 22 yr old graduate of the Electrical Engineering program at UB, starting UB MBA program at the end of the month.

I tried it once and downshifted too fast and over-reved the engine a little when I had to stop for a red light. Right now I'm trying to keep track of what RPM and MPH it shifts at when it's on auto, so I can shift at those times on manual.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 AM

Hmmm...it may have revved pretty high but I'm pretty certain the system wouldn't let you rev above redline; I haven't had the pleasure with this car but a couple times in my GP I accidentally hit downshift instead of upshift and it dinged at me while staying in the same gear. I would imagine there's a similar "nanny" setup on ours

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hmmm...it may have revved pretty high but I'm pretty certain the system wouldn't let you rev above redline; I haven't had the pleasure with this car but a couple times in my GP I accidentally hit downshift instead of upshift and it dinged at me while staying in the same gear. I would imagine there's a similar "nanny" setup on ours
I may have meant revved very high instead of over revved. I'm new to this whole car thing. lol. My terminology is probably going to be bad for the next month or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in