Greetings from Southern California! Bought my G6 hours ago!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Greetings from Southern California! Bought my G6 hours ago!!!

Hey everyone,

To start off - the name is Jordan. I recently owned a 96' Eclipse RS in great condition... But driving home last week (on wednesday - if memory serves correctly) with my Eclipse I was hit my another driver pulling out of a parking lot who didn't see me (I was going ~45ish mph) and totally destroyed my passenger's fender and crushed my hood back. The damage to my Eclipse was more than the value of my car AND the other driver was uninsured...So I pretty much got screwed.

So here I am, 19 years old - I'm a full time college student (currently on summer vacation) and working full time...I needed a ride. So my mom knows someone (actually one her employee's) whose father works for the GM / Buick / Pontiac dealership who was willing to try and help get a used car...He was trying to get me to qualify and purchase a used 2008 cobalt

I immediately went online and looked up there inventory and saw that they had a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan in stock (Actually, it didn't even make it to the lot with the sticker price on it, they had JUST aquired it from one of those "GM Pool of cars" - and so nobody (who was browsing their selection on "foot") knew it was for sale - I was the lucky first.

I found out about it Saturday - however it was still in the process of being detailed and yadda yadda, and the manager couldn't find the keys to the car but wanted me to come down to buy the car anyways... I (as well as my parents seeing how i'm a "first time buyer") agreed we wouldn't even look at it until we both knew I was qualified for it AND I could test drive it... Theres no sense getting your hopes up for something you can't have/afford/enjoy.

So...to make a really long story medium-ish (lol) today they had the keys, and I had to wait until I was off work and my mom was off work to get down there. I had to wait from saturday till 9PM (tonight/yesterday?) to actually see, touch and "feel" the car.

To sum things up, I got myself a 2009 G6 GT metallic blueishy sedan. I'm in love with it....

I'm happy to be a part of the community.

Edit: Oh and the one thing I'm most proud of (besides being the owner of a new sexy-beast) is that I qualified and was able to buy it all on my own.

Last edited by solidhadriel; 08-25-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Lifetime Member

Congrats!!!!!! G6 vs Cobalt? G6 winner!
Post pics when you done cruising.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Congrats!!! Lets see some pix!!!

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:24 AM
CrAzY Moderator

Congrats welcome to the family!!!

.~*Crazy J*~.

Appearance: Debadged, Black Overlays, LLumar 35% Windshield The Rest Are 15%, LED RL/BL, Fogs Lows and Highs are 8000K HIDS, G6 Vinyl Door Jam G6 Logo Covers, Custom Engine Bay Painting, Black Recessed Upper Grill, Red Caliper Painting, Tinted Tail Lights, Flexline Interior Lighting W/Remote.

Performance: Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Strut Tower Bar.

System: Complete Kicker System (Tweeters, 6x9's, 6 1/2's, 2-12" CVX Subs, 1000 Watt Kicker Sub Amp, 350 Watt Kicker Internal Speakers Amp), JVC KW-AVX830.

Security: 5900 Series Viper Car Alarm, Custom Painted Remote
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks fellas' for the congratz.

I'll take some pics when I get home from work later today. I already know I'm going to want to get the windows tinted... calipers painted... air intake.... as long as I don't void my warranty. For this year at least.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Varsity Squad

Garage
CONGRATS!!!! Welcome to the G6 Nation!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Hey thanks! I forgot to take pics when it was light out...so tomorrow when I get home I'll try and remember! It's a really cool metallic paint...depending on where you stand it looks silver/gray/blue/goldish/or all of the above. Really sweet.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 PM

Congrats and welcome! Especially congrats for qualifying by yourself! Should be a huge upgrade from either the Cobalt or especially the 13 year old Eclipse. Hope your enjoy your new G6 as much as I'm enjoying mine.

2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan - Ecotec 2.4L I4, 6-speed Auto, Sun & Sound, Performance Red, 15k miles.
2002 GMC Envoy SLE - Vortec 4.2L I6, 2WD, 3.42, G80, T/C, Indigo Blue Metallic, 125,000 miles.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

I must admit - its painful (for me) going from a 5-speed manual to an auto. I loved my Eclipse because of the control I had over it with my gear box and compact size. However, it rides nothing like the G6. The Eclipse was a much firmer ride... The G6 drives smooth like butter, handles good, accelerates quickly enough - when I go to M-mode, and all around is a much nicer car (as much as it pains me to say that. haha) Sorry to all of my 2G DSMer brethren!

Now I have already compiled a list of things I want to do to this car...But I'm going to wait at least a couple years to see if I really want it - as for now, I'm worried about my warranty and any possible mechanical problems that the internet seems to be filled with... So I don't want to touch anything (other than cosmetics perhaps. )

And thanks Jascot! I thought the Cobalt was a joke, I would have waited a week and purchased another eclipse if my only choice was a Cobalt. lol.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 AM
CrAzY Moderator

haha good choice!

.~*Crazy J*~.

Appearance: Debadged, Black Overlays, LLumar 35% Windshield The Rest Are 15%, LED RL/BL, Fogs Lows and Highs are 8000K HIDS, G6 Vinyl Door Jam G6 Logo Covers, Custom Engine Bay Painting, Black Recessed Upper Grill, Red Caliper Painting, Tinted Tail Lights, Flexline Interior Lighting W/Remote.

System: Complete Kicker System (Tweeters, 6x9's, 6 1/2's, 2-12" CVX Subs, 1000 Watt Kicker Sub Amp, 350 Watt Kicker Internal Speakers Amp), JVC KW-AVX830.

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

I hope its the imperial blue metallic color. Thats the color i want and my favorite car color.
Does it have the chrome package, cuz if you got the exact one i wanted i'll envy you! haha.

Post some pics soon

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Depending on the lighting (which in this case sorta sucked as the sun was going down) my car looks either blue/silver or goldish. In most of these pictures it really just looks like a plain jane silver.

BUT HERE WE ARE! PICTURES

The last one is with me and my car.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

Very nice six. Not the blue i was hoping for, but still nice.

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

The first Blue G6 was the electric blue...thats my color.
The second was your car - which is Blue Gold metallic.

The last one is Dark Blue Metallic....

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 06:29 AM
CrAzY Moderator

Looks nice bud!

.~*Crazy J*~.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in