Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Recent member sign-up...

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Legrace 
#1 ·
Greetings. My name is Mark and I live in N. Idaho. I joined a little while ago and have been lurking here while taking advantage of the knowledge of senior members. My car is an '07 retractable that I recently found in Billings, MT. I'm a lifelong car guy but I've gotten old and my G6 will likely be my last "special interest" car. I've had a fascination with retractables since I saw a '57 Ford Skyliner the first time many decades ago. Since Pontiac has been gone for ten years now and the remaining G6 retractables are diminishing each day, the burden of keeping them alive falls on the owners. I plan to acquire the tools, knowledge and experience to be useful to myself and others in that pursuit. I've researched what other owners have posted and very much appreciate the the information they've shared. I hope to follow suit. It's sad when a vehicle marque and/or model fades away or reaches "basic transportation" status, but that's reality as the march of technology and time waits for no one. With the efforts of groups like this, the G6's will continue on and remain viable for some time.

Thanks everyone and take care. - Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thank you for your inspiration guys. I don't know how many of you have seen the pictures of my cars but I technically have 4 of them. One of them has been designated by myself to be my parts car. The other three I am planning the same for them as the both of you.
My original hard top retractable roof is a 2006 GTP. Unfortunately, someone t-boned it now it is out of commission. Still discussing terms of the settlement. I was debating what to do with this car until now. I was crushed when the car got crushed. But I am slowly getting my mojo back.i don't know all the numbers on the cars but I think my
Car if fairly rare now. Reason being the color on the GTP convertible trim. It was not offered on this trim for 2006 unless you pre ordered it. I have some supporting documents for this. More on this later.
I thought I may need a transmission for the second car but now I am thinking that I may have dodged a bullet! Keeping my fingers crossed!
The third (red) car is coming out of autobody this coming week. Hopefully!!

#6 ·
I used the VIN decoder here:
https://www.compnine.com/vid.php

It decodes your VIN and tells you how many of your model were made that year, all the RPO's your car was built with and the number of all others with the same RPO's.

On my car for example, it says that 23,887 total retractables were built in 2007 (out of 150,000 total G6's). Of that number, 4885 were equipped with RPO 27U (primary color Cobalt Red). Other notable numbers are, 13,267 were built with the RPO LZ9 (3.9 liter) engine. The most curious RPO on mine is ZR6, which is a "Show Vehicle - Zone" and only 80 were built with it.

The downside is it only applies for that year and model and doesn't give aggregates for all the colors or other RPO's. And, I think it cost me $5 to run my VIN (though I think you get 3 for the one fee). It would take several people to run their VIN's to get counts for all the colors, but it would be fun and interesting.

Convertme, PM me the VIN of your blue GTP and I'll see what I can do.

Mark

#5 ·
Car 1 Blu 06 GTP
Car 2 Blu gold gt
Car 3 black parts car gt
Car 4 red gt
Car 5 t boned GTP

Attachments

#8 ·
Looks great!

Welcome Mark. I also have an 07, mine is black with Moroccon leather interior. Drove it off the lot brand new from the local GM dealership. Absolutely love it. I still take it back there for routine servicing, which has been pretty minimal outside of the normal stuff like oil changes. They have all the records on it from day one. Only one of their mechanics is allowed to work on it. He worked there when Pontiac still existed. I dread the day he retires.

I still get compliments on mine, something I'm sure you will get plenty of with yours! The red color GM used is really striking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.