Hi guys! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys!

Hey guys! My names Andrew. I just registered here a min ago..Iv been driving my new 09 g6 gt for about 2 weeks now and have been loving every minute of it! Im picking up my license plates tomorrow!

here is my car! 2009 g6 gt 3.5L V6
mods so far
- car came with GXP front end, side skirts , and rear valance and gt spoiler
- i added front headlight covers and window air vents
MORE PICS TO COME SOON!

Iv been thinking of purchasing this Air intake system off ebay...what do you guys think about it? LINK BELOW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_3560wt_1165

Last edited by Andy-G6-2009; 09-27-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: forgot to include engine status
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Lifetime Member

Nice ride, welcome!

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 AM

Do not buy that intake. Its very cheap and smells really bad. Trust me i bought it and i had to send it back. I would go with the CRAB intake.

www.crabintakes.com

Welcome to the site!

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

thanks geewhiz for the kind welcome..and thanks james for the information on the CRAB intakes! i think i will order one soon..is it worth it to buy the extra replacement aluminum pipe for 150 dollars over the stock plastic black piping?

Do you have any recommendations on exhaust? currently my car only has 1 exhaust pipe in the back but has an extra hole that can be punched out of the bumper to allow for another exhaust pipe..i would love for it to have another exhaust!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-G6-2009 View Post
thanks geewhiz for the kind welcome..and thanks james for the information on the CRAB intakes! i think i will order one soon..is it worth it to buy the extra replacement aluminum pipe for 150 dollars over the stock plastic black piping?

Do you have any recommendations on exhaust? currently my car only has 1 exhaust pipe in the back but has an extra hole that can be punched out of the bumper to allow for another exhaust pipe..i would love for it to have another exhaust!
Everyone raves about the GT-R exhaust which is a dual out system. As long as it has good sound and flow your good to go.

The front pipe upgrade is for those with extra cash. If i had the money i would get the pipe.

I personally dont think it would matter performance wise to get the pipe but it would sure look good under the hood. I went with the option 3 for $203 shipped. Or you can custom build yourself an intake pipe w/ the couplers and everything but i think it would cost more, but not sure.

There is a shop here in Spokane that has tons of alum intake tubes and every part imaginable related to auto intakes and they will bend the pipe for you and help you build one for your car.

When i was looking for a flex tube for my g6 tiger grab i came accross this shop. They wanted $50 for the flex pipe so IMO, it would cost tons more for something custom so just go with the crabs.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.

Last edited by jamestg6gt07; 10-02-2009 at 10:40 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

cool thanks for the advice! I dont have a whole lot of money at the moment but do want to do some mods to my car such as

Future mods
-crab intake
-dual outlet exhaust
-headers (possibly)
-window tint
-wheels (possibly)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-G6-2009 View Post
cool thanks for the advice! I dont have a whole lot of money at the moment but do want to do some mods to my car such as

Future mods
-crab intake
-dual outlet exhaust
-headers (possibly)
-window tint
-wheels (possibly)
Your going to find it very difficult to get an aftermarket header... I was looking into it, but found the only way to get one to achieve any real benefit (and that actually fits our model) would be to custom fabricate one...

Oh and welcome to the community, nice ride!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Red Baron

Cold Air Intake

Hey
I'm Tony, I just got my 07 G6 GT and for the most part I dealt with LowRiders so modding my G6 has been kind of hard for me to get used to. So far I have the basics rims, tint and I'm working on my custom decals but I want to get more horsepower with a cold air intake.

Which is best, I've heard CRAB and K&N are my best bet. But the specs seem odd. If some one can help me out it be greatly appreciated. Thanks
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Lampoon posted somewhere a while back how the FPU has a bit of a performance benefit over the stock pipe. I forget the numbers (if any) but he had someone put just the FPU on with the stock airbox and it did improve things

Oh and your GXP front end sucks. Welcome!

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetChango View Post
Hey
I'm Tony, I just got my 07 G6 GT and for the most part I dealt with LowRiders so modding my G6 has been kind of hard for me to get used to. So far I have the basics rims, tint and I'm working on my custom decals but I want to get more horsepower with a cold air intake.

Which is best, I've heard CRAB and K&N are my best bet. But the specs seem odd. If some one can help me out it be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Go get yourself some crabs and a K&N intake!

The "CRAB" Isn't an intake itself - as the name suggests it's a "Cold Ram Air Box"... It's designed specifically for the G6 series by a forum member here. Being a ram air box, it doesn't require that you have something to "ram the air" in, it's actually the best heat-shield available for our car. Combine a super-awesome CRAB heat shield with a CAI (Cold air intake) - be it Injen, or K&N or whatever - and you'll have your long awaited and conquered HP increase/gain... Top that off with the MPD Ram Air hood (once your no longer broke ) and you'll have yourself a sweet "free flow" induction system!

Edit: And by CAI - I mean just the filter. Just go with Lampoon's...errr... CRAB's Mandrel Bent piping... It's the best.

Last edited by solidhadriel; 10-01-2009 at 06:04 PM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Red Baron

Thanks this really helped a lot i appreciate it.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetChango View Post
Thanks this really helped a lot i appreciate it.
Not a problem
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Your going to find it very difficult to get an aftermarket header... I was looking into it, but found the only way to get one to achieve any real benefit (and that actually fits our model) would be to custom fabricate one...

Oh and welcome to the community, nice ride!
There are a couple muffler shops that might be willing to fab you a set of headers. Im sure if you do a complete custom exhaust renovation (headers, cat, rez, 2.5" piping, muffler, dual outs) they might give you a discount. I havent found a muffler shop who was willing to fab me a set of headers yet but still working on it.

There is a custom auto shop in Spokane that will fabricate anything from custom body kits to custom wheels, to auto cleaning.detailing but they are way too expensive. They wanted like $400 for 35% window tint job. I got my tint done for $160 w/ lifetime warranty and free labor.

Current Mods:

Coming Soon:
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestg6gt07 View Post
There are a couple muffler shops that might be willing to fab you a set of headers. Im sure if you do a complete custom exhaust renovation (headers, cat, rez, 2.5" piping, muffler, dual outs) they might give you a discount. I havent found a muffler shop who was willing to fab me a set of headers yet but still working on it.

There is a custom auto shop in Spokane that will fabricate anything from custom body kits to custom wheels, to auto cleaning.detailing but they are way too expensive. They wanted like $400 for 35% window tint job. I got my tint done for $160 w/ lifetime warranty and free labor.
Yeah, I haven't tinted my windows yet - primarily because I'm saving up to do a bulk of things at once. But my brother got his car's tint done for $180 out here in Cali, which isn't bad... Places that do "all things custom" even if it's a simple job and are overpriced... is just ridiculous. $400 bucks? I don't even want to think of how much it'd cost for them to do a bolt on exhaust...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in