New to the Site! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

New to the Site!

Hey all!

Like all you I am a beloved Pontiac G6 lover! It's mostly just stock now but hopefully with all your guidance and wisdom ill be able to make my ride look half as awesome as some of the ones I've seen on here. Looking forward to posting!

2008 Pontiac Sedan - 3.5 V6

Mods so far:
Sylvania Silverstars, Custom Air Intake with Heat shield , 17' Salsa Rims from FastWheels.ca, Lower Grille Chrome Accents, Windows Visors, Hood Deflector, Debadged, Silver Overlays, Eyelids, Recessed Upper Grille, Tinted Tails, GM Strut Bar

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

Updated: 02/22/2011

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 10:45 PM

Welcome to the site.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Lifetime Member

Hi!

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Tell us about your G6. Year? model? Coupe or Sedan? color? Engine size? Got any pix?

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
Tell us about your G6. Year? model? Coupe or Sedan? color? Engine size? Got any pix?
My G6 is a 2008, Sedan and its base model. I know its pretty much the lowest model you can get but I love it so far. Hopfully gonna have some pics up soon, haven't have a chance with all this damn rain . It's not really dressed up yet but hopefully will be able to dress it up soon!

Mods so far:
Sylvania Silverstars, Custom Air Intake with Heat shield , 17' Salsa Rims from FastWheels.ca, Lower Grille Chrome Accents, Windows Visors, Hood Deflector, Debadged, Silver Overlays, Eyelids, Recessed Upper Grille, Tinted Tails, GM Strut Bar

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6-Lover View Post
My G6 is a 2008, Sedan and its base model. I know its pretty much the lowest model you can get but I love it so far. Hopfully gonna have some pics up soon, haven't have a chance with all this damn rain . It's not really dressed up yet but hopefully will be able to dress it up soon!
No model is a low model. They are all great; Each has their pros/cons.

Glad to have you as a part of our community!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
No model is a low model. They are all great; Each has their pros/cons.

Glad to have you as a part of our community!
Haha thanks! although I would have much rather had the GXP or GT the Sedan is nice and I'm a fan of the 4 door.

Mods so far:

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Haha thanks! although I would have much rather had the GXP or GT the Sedan is nice and I'm a fan of the 4 door.
My previous car was a coupe... I was specifically searching for a sporty-sedan, and the G6 was my answer. I wanted a Sedan and the G6 not only gives generous amount of room, but it runs oh-so-smooth. Gotta love it.

And be happy you only have to get gas half as much as us V6 owners and still have a sporty ride. haha
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
My previous car was a coupe... I was specifically searching for a sporty-sedan, and the G6 was my answer. I wanted a Sedan and the G6 not only gives generous amount of room, but it runs oh-so-smooth. Gotta love it.

And be happy you only have to get gas half as much as us V6 owners and still have a sporty ride. haha
OH i forgot to mention im packing the V6 under the hood haha sounds perdy, probably would sound better with a different exhaust obviously but.....I see everyone with a CIA is it really worth it??? (I know the question has been asked on numerous sites but was just wondering what you guys thought about one?)

Mods so far:

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
OH i forgot to mention im packing the V6 under the hood haha sounds perdy, probably would sound better with a different exhaust obviously but.....I see everyone with a CIA is it really worth it??? (I know the question has been asked on numerous sites but was just wondering what you guys thought about one?)
Ahaha. Well, what do you define as "worth it"? The satisfaction of having one? Or the slight increase in performance? I just picked up my G6 last month and I haven't had time to invest in it... (I was hit by another driver in my Eclipse, and that opted for an emergency situation of getting another mode of transportation as soon as possible.) Which caused me to gather funds quickly... and less, I'm currently rebuilding my spending capital.

I say, if you want to get some better MPG, and notice a slightly better performance increase then go for the Cold Air Intake (Or did you mean the central intelligence agency?? lol, jk.) Oh and sweet ride then, a V6 means you pay more, but you get more punch.

If your wanting to change your car's sound and get a very minor increase in performance, there is the GT-R Exhaust available which is actually made by a forum member here, and seems to be the creme of the crop as far as exhausts go for our car.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ahaha. Well, what do you define as "worth it"? The satisfaction of having one? Or the slight increase in performance? I just picked up my G6 last month and I haven't had time to invest in it... (I was hit by another driver in my Eclipse, and that opted for an emergency situation of getting another mode of transportation as soon as possible.) Which caused me to gather funds quickly... and less, I'm currently rebuilding my spending capital.

I say, if you want to get some better MPG, and notice a slightly better performance increase then go for the Cold Air Intake (Or did you mean the central intelligence agency?? lol, jk.) Oh and sweet ride then, a V6 means you pay more, but you get more punch.

If your wanting to change your car's sound and get a very minor increase in performance, there is the GT-R Exhaust available which is actually made by a forum member here, and seems to be the creme of the crop as far as exhausts go for our car.
I suppose what I mean by is it "worth it" is the performance gain worth the price of the intake? Trust me if I had more money I wouldn't even be asking this question.

And about the GTP exhaust i see that Lampoon has it, and prolly others on the site i haven't seen but, i think i saw in a forum somewhere that they go for like 499? is that true?

Mods so far:

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

You must hone your search skills or the Mods will get mad at you.
http://classic4performance.com/

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Will do, on my way to check it out :P

Mods so far:

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 08:03 AM
2006 Black G6 GT

Welcome.
What color is she?

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensur3 View Post
Welcome.
What color is she?
She is Midnight Blue

Mods so far:

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in