Pontiac, and G6 Convert says hello - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Pontiac, and G6 Convert says hello

I've been hanging around for almost a month now, but never officially said hello. Sorry if I broke a rule - I generally don't like rules anyhow, lol.

My first vehicle was a car, then it crapped out on me and I got a truck and never looked back. Last month, I celebrated the anniversary with my ex-wife, nearly four years removed, by buying a new car. Actually, I did it because I needed more space and wanted better gas mileage, not realizing what day it was until I signed and dated on the dotted line. I was looking at Altimas, but when you add the V-6, sunroof, and everything I got with the G, there was just no contest. I got a decent trade on my 2002 Ford Ranger that was pretty plain jane, and a month later I am still getting used to the bells and whistles this car came with.

I got the V6 standard, with the 6 DC and standard sunroof. The dealer was kind enough to add the sunroof deflector at no charge. I've since added XM (Roady2) and a 2-screen DVD player (portable, but looks somewhat installed with all the wires hidden) and tinted all the windows. Everything else is still stock.

Here's a link to some pics, if it works . Don't get distracted by my other toy in some of the pics http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/adaman.../ph//my_photos

Last edited by golf_n_motorcycles; 09-14-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:54 PM
MP2

Nice! Glad you like your G6 and congrtats on the anniversary.

I can tell with a G6 and a name like golf_n_motorcycles you must be enjoying it. I love golf myself.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

gotta love your G6......and something tells me you're a Volunteer Fan? guess you could say i am too, since we've got to have one of your best known alumnis here in Indy with Peyton Manning.

enjoy your 'G' and keep in touch. by the way, not much into golf, but love those motorcycles!!!!!! but you might want to re-think the 'yellow'(?) house ......ha, ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

I live in Missouri, but work in Tennessee (only 20 miles away). You don't work, play, or even stay over there much without becoming a Vol fan, lol.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 04:55 AM

There was a TSB about wind noise on the standard sunroof models and the no cost addition of the deflector, early made G6's had them in the trunk with the option for dealer install or not. Don't let the dealer blow smoke up yer you know what, trying to show what a nice guy he is. And trust me, you would have wanted that deflector. I got my G6 in early July and after 2 "highway speed" trips with the sunroof open, something had to be done. I've had sunroofs in several cars and by far this was the worst design. I understand that the '06 models have a better design with a lip that eliminates most of the roar but I haven't seen one.
But welcome to the club, and I'm sure you will love your G6 as much as I do mine. After all, it's a Pontiac. What's not to like
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Cool

When he touted that deflector as a "free" add on that he was doing for me, I kind of saw thru it. Then I saw a few posts about the noise and knew for sure it was crap. But hey, he still called it free, and that's what matters right, lol.

And after the great deal, and loving the car, I got an added bonus yesterday. Seems when they paid what I owed on the truck they overfigured, and I got the refund check for $6. Two free gallons of gas baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in