WELL HELLO G6er's - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

WELL HELLO G6er's

My name is Eddie coming to you live from wintery Massachusetts! Man it's way to early for this. Did anyone see the Patriots game today? I live 10 minutes from the stadium and it's still snowing out there. Well I am a newbie that recently fell for an Electric Blue 06 G6! I guess my first question is that Electric Blue isn't the name of the color. Would anyone know the name of the color in my aviator and the code? Also if someone could point me in the direction of performance items and I'm thinking of doing a pinstripe or a stripe decal to break up the blue. Possibly in a flat black to match the lower rocker. I look foward to hearing from you folks and I am sure I'll have plenty more questions when me and my new love get to know each other.

G2G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Electric blue is the color. The code is in your glovebox. Its U815K.

What kinda perf mods r u lookin for??

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

I figured they would of called it something other then electric. I did catch that code in my govebox but when I went to find it in DupliColors at my local auto store it was know where to be found. I even had the guy punch it in to the computer and it still came up short. Another local store wanted my Vin numbers and he would of made me up a batch??? For performance stuff I was looking into K&N cold air intakes but didn't care for dropping that much cash. I've been told to go with the plain air filter from K&N and that will give me somewhat of a notice??? Being new I didn't know if there was any tricks out there. Also do I throw on a Flowmaster to give it a bit of a UMPH?

Last edited by Good2Go; 10-18-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: misspell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Lifetime Member

Hey Eddie welcome aboard.
(Eddie Lives, for you Iron Maiden fans)

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

I appreciate the warm welcome. This forum is kinda strange. It's hard to navigate through it. It doesn't read my user name outside of my own PC. Once I'm in I have to go through different channels to get to my latest post. LIke it only post todays and you have to figure out yesterday. Anyway, thanks again, looking foward to meeting new folks with the same love for the car and finding out things through others experiences.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Michigan G6er

As far as mods go. I have a Racing line Performance strut tower brace, also Crab intake. I like them both, just an idea.

Pontac G6 Sedan 3.5L
Exterior- 8000k HIDS lows, 8000k HIDs fog lights, 20% window tint, Tinted taillights, painted grilles (top and bottom) to match, Custom painted engine cover and battery box, Red painted calipers.
Performance- Crab Intake, Racing Line Performance strut tower brace, GT-R Custom Magnaflow exhaust.
Interior- red LED's on inside, custom painted interior trim to match outside, Memphis sub and Amp, Custom fiberglass sub enclosure.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback Icplmouw. I'm not quite sure what a racing line performance strut tower brace is but it sounds cool. I was reading a bit on this forum and I read that people seem to have issues with leaks with panoramic sunroofs. I'm wondering if I have one of those. Would you know what the differances are? I am looking fowward to getting my G6 on the road. It will sadden me to put my summer car away. Oh well being in Michigan you know how bad winters can be.

Best Regards,
G2G
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:45 PM

The forums may seem confusing to you at first if your new to them... Just hang in there, and you'll get it eventually.

The strut tower brace is basically a suspension mod. I don't have a panoramic sunroof, however, if your sunroof appears to be "strange" compared to normal ones, then chances are you have one. If your asking whether or not you have one (and you do have a sunroof), chances are you don't have one.

DEFINITELY get CRABS + the CAI for your car.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

They didnt put the Pano in Coupes so your safe!

But there are water leaking issues with the sunroofs & coupes. DOH!!!
Its an easy fix though but check you back seat floorboard after rains
to check it early...that or your seatbelt.

& HELZ YEAH CRABS FTW!!! WOOOT!!!

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:32 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

Welcome!
Where about in Michigan are you?

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
They didnt put the Pano in Coupes so your safe!

But there are water leaking issues with the sunroofs & coupes. DOH!!!
Its an easy fix though but check you back seat floorboard after rains
to check it early...that or your seatbelt.

& HELZ YEAH CRABS FTW!!! WOOOT!!!
Didn't know that... but I drive a sedan.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

You know what would be a big time WIN? Pano roof in a vert

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Hey Droptop!

That's a sharp rig in your aviator. It's quite a mechaniscm they did for the verts. Does it ride a bit stiffer? White was one of my top 3 colors when I went looking. I had a black 300 and it was a b*$#%# to keep clean in the winters. I'm digging my electric blue though. Enjoy your day!

G2G
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

New Post!

Hey folks, here's one! My car is completely blue and I was thinking to add a flat black stripe to it. I wasn't looking for too much but maybe something on the rear quaters or lower door panel. Maybe on the idea of the Mopar broken line or a line that fades. Any ideas out there? I went to a pontiac site to see if there was any history of Pont's decals and pretty much The Judge stickers were the only thing to come up. If anyone has any ideas or pix of something I would be wide open for some suggestions. Have a good 2 go day!

Eddie

Last edited by Good2Go; 10-25-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: misspell
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Retro Judge stripe scheme would be cool - so what if it's the "wrong" model ?

And the vert ride is pretty good - a little stiff and things do bounce a bit (behave!) with the top down. As for the color, I had orginally wanted to go with Red but the dealer was willing to give me a lot more for my trade in if I took a car of theirs off the lot (at this point Pontiac dealers were looking to clear inventory, not "trade", or at least that's what I was told), but I'm really happy with the white. My previous was a Blue Green Crystal Grand Prix and as with all dark colors it was a bear to keep clean, but man did it look good when it was

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in