Newbie: G6 Factory Order - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Action.

Newbie: G6 Factory Order

Hi All,

I'm new here (duh). I currently drive a 2005 Pontiac Pursuit SE (Pontiac re-badge of the Cobalt LT for those in the US, it's a Canada only car) that's just too small for me. So after talking to one of the saleswomen at McKay Pontiac, I was able to get out my lease on the Pursuit and get into a financed factory order on a new G6 4-Cylender! My Pursuit was a factory order as well so I'm guessing it will be 12 weeks at the earliest. The dealer sais it MIGHT arrive before Christmas but the factory shuts down for 2 weeks for the holidays.

My Specs:

2006 G6 4-Cyl Sedan, Stealth Gray, Ebony Interior
Driver's/Sport Package (Rear Spoiler, 16" twin 5-spoke alloy wheels, remote vehicle start, leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter/park brake handle with steering wheel mounted audio controls), ABS and Enhanced Traction System, RDS/SCV/Auto Tone CD-Player, and power adjustable pedals.

Equipment-wise, it is a bit of a downgrade because my Pursuit is a full load with leather/heated seats and MP3 player but the size, comfort, ride and handling are just so much better that it balanaces out. That's not to say that the Pursuit doesn't ride or handle well though, it really does! :-)

I was a little apprehensive about going the 4-cylender route with the G6 but I was pleasantly surprised that it was nowhere near as underpowered as I expected. I test drove a similar car to mine, but lacking ABS and the power pedals and it was great. I've also driven a 2005 G6 V6 previously, and a 2006 GT as well. It's going to be a long wait... I'm already impatient! :-)

So initial observation, the 4-cyl is not that bad! Will report more when I eventually get the car :-)!

I hope all my fellow Canadian's had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

-Andrew
Built4Drivers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 06:24 AM

Welcome!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 07:57 PM
RKH

I believe this is the first G6 4-cylinder on the forum. Can't wait to hear about it from first hand experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 06:31 AM

Very cool ... be sure to let us know what you think!!

Kelly
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by built4drivers
Hi All,

I'm new here (duh). I currently drive a 2005 Pontiac Pursuit SE (Pontiac re-badge of the Cobalt LT for those in the US, it's a Canada only car) that's just too small for me. So after talking to one of the saleswomen at McKay Pontiac, I was able to get out my lease on the Pursuit and get into a financed factory order on a new G6 4-Cylender! My Pursuit was a factory order as well so I'm guessing it will be 12 weeks at the earliest. The dealer sais it MIGHT arrive before Christmas but the factory shuts down for 2 weeks for the holidays.

My Specs:

2006 G6 4-Cyl Sedan, Stealth Gray, Ebony Interior
Driver's/Sport Package (Rear Spoiler, 16" twin 5-spoke alloy wheels, remote vehicle start, leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter/park brake handle with steering wheel mounted audio controls), ABS and Enhanced Traction System, RDS/SCV/Auto Tone CD-Player, and power adjustable pedals.

Equipment-wise, it is a bit of a downgrade because my Pursuit is a full load with leather/heated seats and MP3 player but the size, comfort, ride and handling are just so much better that it balanaces out. That's not to say that the Pursuit doesn't ride or handle well though, it really does! :-)

I was a little apprehensive about going the 4-cylender route with the G6 but I was pleasantly surprised that it was nowhere near as underpowered as I expected. I test drove a similar car to mine, but lacking ABS and the power pedals and it was great. I've also driven a 2005 G6 V6 previously, and a 2006 GT as well. It's going to be a long wait... I'm already impatient! :-)

So initial observation, the 4-cyl is not that bad! Will report more when I eventually get the car :-)!

I hope all my fellow Canadian's had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

-Andrew
Built4Drivers
welcome to the jungle!!!! or should i say forum? anyway, i can see why you're anxious to get your "G". i've got stealth gray...excellent choice! when it comes in, hope you enjoy your new set of wheels.

kevin

p.s. you guys had Thanksgiving ALREADY??? when's Christmas, NOVEMBER? ok, that's it..... i'm moving to CANADA!!! oh, and in case i missed it; "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Action.

Thanks all! I'll be sure to take pics of it when it comes in. I'm going to Vegas for a week on Thursday and I'm hoping to get one as a rental, so we'll see what happens!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Former GP Owner

Send a message via AIM to Smockonallama
I actually live about 2 minutes from where they build the G6. I work at a robotics company that is about 20 seconds away from the GM G6 plant. They build them right in Lake Orion, Michigan. Our town motto is "Where living is a vacation". I'll say though if this is a vacation somebody please shoot me.

Anways, welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see how the 4 banger does for you.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 09:54 AM
A two-G6 family!

Send a message via AIM to ragingfish Send a message via MSN to ragingfish Send a message via Yahoo to ragingfish
I test drove a 4-cyl when shopping, and I agree, it is surprisingly more powerful then one would expect a 4 to be in that car! Kudos to GM for not skimping on power...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 03:15 PM

How did you get out of your lease?? Ive been trying for months!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Action.

Helpful dealer and go-getter salesperson! Basically, the way it works is that they will do a buyout on the car which on the Pursuit is $22,700 now. The used car manager will pay $21,700 for it for the used lot, and then I'm putting $4000 down on the G6. From there it all gets financed accordingly though GMAC as a purchase financing on a G6 purchase. So the trick is to swing it by way of a buyout, provided you have a dealer that's willing to do it. It also helps if you're trading in at a dealership other than where you bought it, and only have bad things to say about the dealer who sold you that car! :-D
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 02:46 PM

Ahh I see.. I didn't quite have 4K to put down (thats almost half of the buyout number GMAC gave me).. I guess I just need to find a willing dealership. Thats not going to be easy around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in