New from Nebraska - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

New from Nebraska

Hello all. I just bought a 2007 GT coupe to use as a daily driver to keep the mileage down on my Trans Am. I got a job that requires a 90 minute round trip commute, so I wanted something that got decent gas mileage. I have a few ideas for mods, and also a few questions.

1) On my T/A there's tons of free mods to do that are just little things like the throttle body coolant bypass and Free ram air mod. Are there any things like that on the G6s?

2) I read somewhere that there's an intake baffle or soemthing to quiet it down, is this true?

3) I really like the debadged look, anybody know if the side moldings and front/rear arrowheads mount flush, or will they leave holes?

4) It has single exhaust right now, which I plan to convert over to a dual setup. I've heard a lot about the GTR exhaust, any others you'd recommend? And is the rear valience universal from the coupe to sedan?

5) I've always ran an aftermarket head unit so I can have a direct hookup for my iPod. I don't want to do this with the G6 becasue of the Driver information Center. Anbody find a solution to this?

6) I know that the difference between my 07 and an 06 is the variable valve timing, but I have no idea what that means. Anybody have an insight?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I look forward to learning a lot and will get pics up soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 10:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Welcome once again..

1) There is a ram air hood from MPD http://mpd1.com/content/pontiac_ramair.html and youd probably want to look into the Crabs intake to go with that hood.
2)yes there is..its behind the passanger side headlight. (if you take it out during installation of the intake it help air flow 100%)
3)Dont know about the arrowheads have em but nothing else does. just gotta work off the adhesive
4)Yes it is universal ....Good choice on GTR. (waiting for them to get stock to get mine)
5)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_valve_timing

cant wait to see pics.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Lifetime Member

Hi, welcome

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in