Stoked! '06 G6 V6 6-Speed - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Talking Stoked! '06 G6 V6 6-Speed

Hey guys! Just bought 'er today and found this forum while looking for body kits and other parts. I still can't believe I found this car. 28000 kms?!? Insane!

I've been driving an 07 Cobalt SS for the past few years and really liked it. My previous vehicles were Fords, but I think I'm finally a GM guy.

Some of y'all have some seriously sick rides. I'm not sure how far I'm planning to go, but right now I'm thinking in this order:

Stereo
Tint
Rims/tires

Then in a few months after some research, a few handling and performance upgrades, ground kit, spoiler, and hood (the MDA ram is pretty cool looking, not to mention functional).

I'm pumped to browse through all of your custom rides for inspiration, and hopefully get some tips and advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Welcome!! what colors your 6? coupe or sedan? why the switch from the cobalt?

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

I uploaded a couple pics, click the gallery under my name.

It's Charcoal, Coupe, 3.9L 6 speed. Loaded all but the sunroof, which is perfect because that was the only flawed component anyone mentioned when I was researching this year/model. Apparently they get a bit loose and may rattle after being opened a couple times.

Edit: Switched from the Cobalt because this car was just too good a deal to pass up. It's faster, and definitely more unique. Cobalts seem to be turning into what the Mustang was in the 90's. They're nice cars for sure, great bang and look for the money, but just so common now.

Last edited by MetalAsFork; 03-24-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Ive had the sunroof since 2005. Zero issues.
Now that Pano Roof is ooober cool but a nightmare for noise, leaks and to get adjusted.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Welcome! My friend had an SS and got rid of it after only a 2 years weird.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
Ive had the sunroof since 2005. Zero issues.
Now that Pano Roof is ooober cool but a nightmare for noise, leaks and to get adjusted.
Ahh I didn't realize there were 2 types. I just heard they were bad and decided no sunroof meant no issues. Then again, if my car would have had one, I probably would have bought it anyways and just dealt with it lol.

Totally in love so far. I'm making any excuse to drive anywhere. I think I need to go to Wal-Mart around 1am tonight. I'm out of Acai-Blueberry Nestea
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Welcome to the site and congrats on your upgrade! I was considering the cobalt ss when i purchased my 06 g6 GTP coupe loaded with a sunroof(3.9L 6 speed manual). I have over 80,000 on it, replacing an oxygen sensor is the only nonmaintenance thing I've had to do. Enjoy and glad to see your changing from a ford to gm guy!

Just looked at your pics, looks like your 6 is almost identicle to mine when they rolled of the assembly floor, I believe your color is granite metalic, thats what mine is called. Although mine came with a pin stripe that really pops off my car since I had the windows tinted.

Last edited by CalsGTP; 03-25-2010 at 10:27 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsGTP View Post
Welcome to the site and congrats on your upgrade! I was considering the cobalt ss when i purchased my 06 g6 GTP coupe loaded with a sunroof(3.9L 6 speed manual). I have over 80,000 on it, replacing an oxygen sensor is the only nonmaintenance thing I've had to do. Enjoy and glad to see your changing from a ford to gm guy!

Just looked at your pics, looks like your 6 is almost identicle to mine when they rolled of the assembly floor, I believe your color is granite metalic, thats what mine is called. Although mine came with a pin stripe that really pops off my car since I had the windows tinted.
Yeah I was looking through the paint codes when browsing spoilers, and the closest one I saw was "Stealth Grey". The listing at the dealer said "Charcoal", but I think I'll use the Stealth Grey from now on if anyone asks... sounds way cooler lol. I'm gonna go check the sticker to find out exactly...

And yeah from now on, if it's not a GT40, screw Ford!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Wow just checked your gallery and they really are identical. Nice ride man! haha

Hey is it normal for the seat-recline levers to be so easily detachable? Is there a reason for it? If I put some serious bass in the trunk, I might have to glue them on or something...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in