hello out there from houston,tx - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

hello out there from houston,tx

hello everybody. i recently purchased a 2008 g6 gt 4 dr. so far i love the car. i think that the 3.5l has more power than my 98 firebird with the 3.8. oh well thats not wut im here for. yesterday i light came on the dash and the radio told me to check tire pressure. it said the left front tire had only 22psi. after puttin air in the tire, it still says it has 22psi and the left rear now says 60psi. how do i reset the tire pressur moniter???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 AM
WHITE G6 GT (:

Welcome!

I could be wrong but I believe you have to unhook your battery for 15-30 min or it may be a fuse? Try reading the owners manual or looking online or maybe contact a dealer. I think we have sensors in our wheels so it may be broke or some sort? Anyways, good luck and you may get more advice. If you do fix it let us know what you did.

Dillon
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

funny thing, when i bought the car, it didnt come with a owners manual. i thought maybe i could reset it just like resetting the oil life readding or trip, but that didnt work, thanx anyway, ill keep looking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
WHITE G6 GT (:

I would try and unhook your battery for 15 min or so. It will reset everything on your car. Otherwise there should be a manual online somewhere where you can look. There may be a thread or you could Google. Funny thing though mine didn't come with a manual either But, I ordered one. Again, best of luck and hope you get it figured out.

Dillon
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
click here for owners manuals.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Heya Houston!!

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:30 PM

yeah all my tires are crazy too, my right rear is my left front. just fill up each tire till you find which one it is lol. if you do, look for something in the tire or a crack in the rim to make sur it not leaking air, check the core too.

2008 G6 GT 3.5L, CRABS, debadged, tinted tail lights, painted interior trim...more mods soon!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the input. so if yall dont mind me asking, what is the difference between the g6 and the gt edition? and while driving in manual shift mode, where is the indicator that lets you know what gear you are in?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
WHITE G6 GT (:

Regular G6 and G6 GT is different in a few ways. I believe its just based on the trim and how sporty it is. Also, comes with a spoiler, better rims, etc. The engines are the same. The GT may be faster as well but not sure.

The slap stick (manual mode) indicator will be on your odometer where it shows how many miles are on your car below your speedometer. It will only show up what gear your in when in slap stick.

Hope this helps.

Dillon
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Professional geek

Resetting the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) requires that you use the keyless entry fob and follow the procedure that is in the owner's manual. Supposedly it can also be done using the Tech II programmer that the dealer has, but why pay them to do what you can do for free in 5 or fewer minutes?

The GT among other things has a different final drive ratio that allows it to accelerate faster at the expense of about 2 MPG (or 10 in my case ) change in economy.

~ MattInSoCal
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

relearning the tire positions was a brease. thank all of you and especially for the link to the owners manual. maybe later in time when the warranty is close to being up i can start upgrading things. i cant wait
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:35 PM
G6R

Welcome

2006 G6 GTP
K&N CIA, Rockford Fosgate speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in