Another new member - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Smile Another new member

I purchased a G6 GT on Saturday and will be picking it up this Friday. This will be my first Pontiac although I have owned quite a few GM vehicles over the last ten years (I presently drive a Sierra and my wife drives an Envoy). I bought the vehicle because I received an offer from GMAC financing that will pay my first two payments up to $1000 each. I will take a twelve month loan for 12K and pay it off after the first two months. When all the rebates and discounts were added in I will be paying $16,685 for the car that listed for $25,425. The breakdown is as follows:

05 GT: Fusion Orange with value package (chrome wheels, CD changer, sunroof, onstar), and remote starter. Sticker $25,425 Red tag price $21,241.

Dealer selling price $19,500 which includes the $2500 rebate (The dealer is selling it below cost to get rid of this 05 model). Additional rebates include $2000 for the first two payments GMAC will pay and a $815 GM card points rebate.

One question I have is does anyone think the extended warranty is worthwhile. The dealer will sell me the 6 year 60K mile major gaurd 0 detuctable warranty for $1070. This warranty would cover the car for the entire time I own it since it will only be driven about 10K miles/year.

This car will be driven mainly by my daughter who can't wait to get it. We both like the Orange color although I am guessing it wasn't a big seller since two area dealers had the same 05 car left over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Former G6 Guy

Send a message via AIM to bigbengt67
Forget the warranty, mine has been great, exact same car but with XM. Thats a hell of a deal too! Congrats.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 07:42 PM
PCB

Sounds like a good deal. I have Geico Insurance, and they offer an extended warranty that works out to cost about $700 over the 7 yr 100,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:02 AM

Welcome to the Fusion orange club. In my area (california) there was only one car that was orange and had the options that i wanted and it was about 500 miles away, so that leads me to believe that the orange was a limited production color, so great pick on the car. My G6 has been great and i'm sure that your daughter will enjoy hers.

Check out my 2005 Fusion Orange Metallic G6 GT at CarDomain.com
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

My daughter is real excited about not having to drive her mothers old toyota Sienna minivan. I feel a little guilty about getting the car since my daughter is 16 years old. I made it clear to her that it is a family car and I also plan to drive it. If I didn't get the special offer from GMAC I wouldn't have considered buying a car at this time. I am a sucker for rebates and special offers. Last year I was able to pick up a 4 wheel drive Envoy for $21K after an offer of 1K in extra GM points, 2K in regular GM points, a 4.5K rebate and 1K if you financed the vehicle (I paid it off in two months after I took GM's rebate.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 09:12 PM

Congrats on your purchase. Personally, I think the extended warranty is not worth it, just something dealers like to add on to jack up the payments.

Mike
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactruck
One question I have is does anyone think the extended warranty is worthwhile. The dealer will sell me the 6 year 60K mile major gaurd 0 detuctable warranty for $1070. This warranty would cover the car for the entire time I own it since it will only be driven about 10K miles/year.
one thing to keep in mind. they tell you the warranty is 6/60 with 0 deduct, but for the first 3/36 (and 0 deduct) you have the FACTORY WARRANTY that you are not paying anything extra for. so, in reality, you are paying $1,070 for extending your factory warranty by 24k miles.

its hard to put a price on 'Peace of Mind', so ask yourself; "Is it worth it for ME to pay $1,070 to cover my daughters car for an additional 24k?"

kevin

p.s. welcome to the forum!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 12:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via MSN to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via Yahoo to Subtle_Cynicism
I personally, as a 19 year old consumer, have had relatively newer cars all my life.

My first car was a 1997 Dodge Intrepid ES Sport, second was a 1999 Pontiac Firebird almost fully loaded, and even though I just recently sold it, I drove a 2000 Grand Am GT in the winter.

I now only haev the Grand Am GT, and am currently in the market for a G6. My parents are opposed to buying a first year driver a new car. None of my cars are brand new, but my advice is this: if your daughter abuses her privilages of driving, it's that simple. Keys in hand, my friend.

Having a car is a lot more than just being a responsible driver. You have to take care of it, and your daughter should know that. That means washing (properly) waxing, and vacuuming. All that good stuff. Teenagers, I've found, usually don't give two shits about their cars.

And besides, it'll give you two something else to bond over. I hope everythings going well. Did you ever get any pictures?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

I tried posting a picture but got an error message that the file was too large (The picture was taken with a 3 meg camera). My daughter is typically responsible and she does real well in school. She has been picking up the car daily and told me she wants to vacuum the car this weekend. She really likes the car and thinks the orange paint is the best color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in