Good Driving all - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Good Driving all

I too am a new 2006 G6 GT owner. And Yes I'm a GI in Germany. Which means I'll be pushing the upper limits on the speed sensors. I might want to find away around them. I'll also have to use local GM related dealers for any vehicle servicing. I'll monitor pages like these for problems and note any I may have in hopes of benfiting all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 10:18 AM

Look forward to any updates. I wish i could drive as fast as people do in germany.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 10:33 AM

That is awesome! Its a little dream of mine to go balls out on the autobahn. Went to Germany when I was younger and I would love to go back for a visit. Hope you enjoy the car!

Btw, it is governed at 135mph but if you find someone to remove that it would be cool to know the real top speed. If you have a camera and feel like posting any pics I would love to see them. Have fun driving and welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 05:14 PM

^ My GT has been verified to kill fuel at just 115 MPH...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:18 AM

There must have been different limits coming out of the factory?? https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...65&postcount=4
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branderson
There must have been different limits coming out of the factory?? https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...65&postcount=4
this is a old thread but i didn't know if you knew it yet but the answer to your question is that the g6's are limited to 115mph if you bought your g6 with the regular tires and its 135mph or higher i don't know haven't tested it out and doubt i will get up that high unless i am on a track lol. But if you got the summer tires there better tires that are V rated tires i believe if not its the letter that can handle up to 149mph so thats what governs what your top speed is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in