New member from VWvortex! Hi! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
-Banned-

New member from VWvortex! Hi!

Hello all!
I recently purchased an 06 G6 GT coupe, as it was the only car that I could find that really was a blast to drive. (More fun than the Solstice even!) I've driven a 99 VW Passat 1.8t, and an Audi TT VR6 in the past. I've been a regular on Audiworld, Passatworld, and VWVORTEX for a few years. I've left all those boards - and I will hopefully become an active member on here, albeit - I have a lot to learn.

Anyways, about my new car. An 06, 30k miles, G6 GT, heated leather, remote start, monsoon, 17s, I think it has every feature available. It's more fun to drive than even the TT - though I do miss my turbo upgrade on the VW..
^ Which leads me to questions for you all!

1) What kinda coolant does the 3.5L V6 GM motor require? Dex-cool?
2) Besides CRAB Intakes, and ECU tuning(is that what it's called on non-Euro cars?), what mods are there to increase horsepower? If a turbo was purchased, and the engine was tuned correctly - would the transmission hold?...
3) As you can tell, I know nothing about GM or Pontiac, or ANY domestic cars. I can tear apart any VAG product though! Any advice on maintence/mods/ANYTHING is GREATLY appreciated!

Hopefully, I'll learn a lot & be an active and helpful member.

P.S - VWvortex is known for immature kids, that LOVE to start internet arguments about idiotic things. I'm not one of them, so please don't judge me I've only had the Pontiac for a week, but I prefer it over the Audi/VW brands! And I can't believe how this motor doesn't require 0w40 fully synthetic oil every 3k, or 93 octane gas, or 800-1200 dollar timing belt jobs.. It's amazing! Shoulda been buying domestic for years!

OH - and if anyone wants to buy a 99 Passat AEB 1.8t with stageone turbo upgrade(k04), Einbach coilovers, tint, two alpine type R 12s w/ alpine M1000(1000w mono rhythm), 20 inch BBS w/ pirellis.. Just let me know. It's all for sale as a package, or individually.

Cheers!

Last edited by JRepasky; 03-07-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRepasky View Post
VWvortex is known for immature kids, that LOVE to start internet arguments about idiotic things.
You got a problem wit dat ?

Welcome and interesting perspective you have!

As for G6 mods, turbos have been tried but all have ultimately failed so far. In addition to CRABs and WAMS tune, the GT-R exhaust is highly recommended

Oh yeah and for coolant they say to use Dex-Crap but I switched out to Zerex something-or-other (will have to check when I get home) on my Grand Prix after an issue at about 50,000 miles.

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
-Banned-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptop Diamond View Post
You got a problem wit dat ?

Welcome and interesting perspective you have!

As for G6 mods, turbos have been tried but all have ultimately failed so far. In addition to CRABs and WAMS tune, the GT-R exhaust is highly recommended

Oh yeah and for coolant they say to use Dex-Crap but I switched out to Zerex something-or-other (will have to check when I get home) on my Grand Prix after an issue at about 50,000 miles.
Oh, come on. You know VWVORTEX is filled with the internet versions of Charlie Sheen! Thanks for the advice, the intake is taken care of. I will be looking into the WAMS tune, as well as the GT-R exhaust system.

Is there any other suggested modifications?

Thanks for the warm welcome, by the way! Much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Welcome!!

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
-Banned-

Thanks!

& It turns out, modding the car will void my Warranty.. So, I'm not going to be doing anything to it for awhile. :\
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 02:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
the law is that it can only void a warranty if the aftermarket part lead to the failure of the part your trying to get warantied. if that makes any sense.
get the CAI and if the car need to go to the dealer just throw on your stock intake. and WAMS offers invisitune so the dealer wont know your tuned. and for a catback exhaust the only warranty it can void would be the stock exhaust, but that wont be there anymore.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
-Banned-

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfowler76 View Post
the law is that it can only void a warranty if the aftermarket part lead to the failure of the part your trying to get warantied. if that makes any sense.
get the CAI and if the car need to go to the dealer just throw on your stock intake. and WAMS offers invisitune so the dealer wont know your tuned. and for a catback exhaust the only warranty it can void would be the stock exhaust, but that wont be there anymore.
thank you for the advice!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Welcome to the group! One good thing about our cars, the only thing that 'might' become questionable is the intake - which as another member said just keep the old box and worse case pull it out and install the old one. Motor mount inserts, strut tower bar and maybe some lighter weight rims - thats about all we can do so far haha!

can't wait to see/hear about your future mods!

David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
-Banned-

I'm gonna take it to a garage called Hybrid Dynamics, located semi near to me.. and see what they can do. They've done VERY well with my vehicles in the past.

http://www.hybridynamics.com/install.html
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Congrats on your USA made G6 purchase! Welcome to the site!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Welcome!!!

2006 Blue GTP Coupe 3.9L 6 Speed Manual!!! Black and orangish-brown leather seats!
mods coming soon!!!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
-Banned-

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've figured out my plan for the G6 thus far.

1) Tint on Tuesday @ 1PM. Deciding on 20%, 35% or straight 5%. - All are illegal here, so it doesn't matter anyways. I know the penalties.
2) Meeting up with Hybrid Dynamics (www.hybridynamics.com) & they suggested via phone - cold air intake WITH a velocity tube, custom made exhaust (CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THE DESIGN OF THE STOCK EXHAUST ON THE G6 GT? It has like 360% of 100% useless restriction) and following this up with a complete dyno-tune.
^ The dyno tune will cost 450, but it will be specifically to my mods & car itself. Is it worth the extra 150 to see my car dyno'd properly and tuned to my liking IN FRONT OF ME(vs WAMS typical reflash) The garage has NO problem with explaining what they're doing, and why to me. They've taught me a lot.

I only ask because - I had my VW originally re-flashed by APR racing(where you send in the ECU, and they send it back) and I gained about 23hp or so, but I had the car dyno tuned a year later, and gained an additional 10hp, so 33hp total.

Thanks for the welcomes, and future advice.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 AM
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe

welcome
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
-Banned-

Thank you to all whom have welcomed me!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
-Banned-

Here is the car so far.. Just got it out of the shop, just got the tint done.. that's why it's dark out :[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in