Looking to buy a G6 ..need advice.. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Looking to buy a G6 ..need advice..

So i am wanting to buy a G6 but havent been hearing great things about it from this site as far as the sunroof and such.If i do get a G6 I am definetely getting a p.sunroof.I just like how they look and theyre much bigger than the regular sunroofs...Id like to hear from some of you who have them and tell me what u think of them.Also im going to get the 8 speaker moonsound system.Now tell me is this a good system.I like my music loud and bumping!!!

Ive narrowed it down between two brands of cars..It either going to be the G6 sedan or the ford fusion.I am leaning towards the g6 and i would like to hear from some of you and tell me if you enjoy your car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 02:42 AM

Overall, the Fusion will be a better car than the G6 in terms of quality, engineering, and technology. It has more horsepower, a multi-valve engine, 6 speed auto transmission and a host of other more advanced features. Styling wise the G6 is a lot more sporty.
Both cars are built on very solid platforms.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 07:12 AM

Ive managed to put about 12,000 miles on mine in the past 6 months and have not had any problems that had me running to the dealer. I enjoy driving the car but there is one minor annoyance such as everything rattles inside.
Other problems ive had are, front roters are warped, transmission has a slow leak, and the paint on the car is very soft. I had a stone hit on the roof and it cut right through the paint, primer and through the galvanized steel and its starting to rust already. Other than that its a good daily driver. Ive been averaging 28mpg in the winter and 31-32 in the summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 08:19 AM

I had a 2005 G6 GT. It was a beautiful car, but not what I had expected. The paint was thinning in a spot, and I had some other problems as well. As for the Monsoon system, I had it. It sounded good, but the speakers with the system seemed to have a hard time carrying it. I busted 2 of the speakers and never listened to it with the volume more than half way up. COuld have just been mine, but you never know. No major problems, just a lot of aggravating little problems that took me to the dealership quite a bit. Inside does rattle, especially the dash cracking noises, but you get used to that.

Good Luck in whatever you choose!!

RP
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 12:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Oracle Send a message via Skype™ to The Oracle
Exclamation I bought my 2005 G6-GT new... still lovin' it!!

I know nothing about the Ford Fusion (other than it's a Ford). As for my G6-GT, as I said, I love it!! I bought mine with ALL the bells & whistles on it & I have the panoramic sunroof & wouldn't trade it for nothin!!! I have experienced none of the problems the other members have mentioned - thankfully! I now have put 4177 miles on The Oracle since March 21, 2005. I keep her clean & still receive the double-take looks. I would advise that you do a comparison online by building one & doing an onlne comparison that most sites allow you to do & proceed from there. That's my 2 cents.

Patrick [aka: The Oracle]
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 12:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Oracle Send a message via Skype™ to The Oracle
Red face When did you make the switch & why if I may be so bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
I had a 2005 G6 GT. It was a beautiful car...
Robyn~ Pardon my not being a more frequent viewer, but when did you switch from a G6 to a Chevy owner??? Just curoius...

Patrick [aka: The Oracle]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle
Robyn~ Pardon my not being a more frequent viewer, but when did you switch from a G6 to a Chevy owner??? Just curoius...

I've had the Trail Blazer for little over a week. I went from an Xterra to the G6 and really missed the bigger vehicle, so we traded for the Trail Blazer. So far I'm loving it!! I still hand out here though b/c I couldn't leave my friends!!

RP
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via MSN to Subtle_Cynicism Send a message via Yahoo to Subtle_Cynicism
Just a perk for the Fusion, it's built off the same platform I believe as the Mazda6, which has been hailed as far superior to the G6, apparently.

Personally, the itnerior of the Fusion is kinda blah, like most ford vehicles. The G6 is a good car, overall, depending on what you get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in