Sounds like people arent happy with their cars... - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like people arent happy with their cars...

So i went and looked at both the g6 sedan and for fusion today.I must say the g6 blew me away of just the way it looks and the p. sunroof was absolutely amazing.Its huge!!! I really want to get the g6 but people have made my decison hard because of some of the negative feedback ive been hearing.I really hope i can make this decision soon because they had one black g6 with the p. sunroof and all the goodies that come with and i doubt it will be there soon.I just hope im putting in all this money for a good car that isnt going to fall apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to SimplyRed
well for a posative feedback for you... mines an 06 Sedan and **knock on wood** I havent even come close to any of the problems that I read on the 05's... I joined here shortly after getting my car and got EXTREAMLY nervous, but now I have about 7,500 miles on the car and like I said... so far so good!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 02:57 AM
Designed For Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandimae
So i went and looked at both the g6 sedan and for fusion today.I must say the g6 blew me away of just the way it looks and the p. sunroof was absolutely amazing.Its huge!!! I really want to get the g6 but people have made my decison hard because of some of the negative feedback ive been hearing.I really hope i can make this decision soon because they had one black g6 with the p. sunroof and all the goodies that come with and i doubt it will be there soon.I just hope im putting in all this money for a good car that isnt going to fall apart.
New models in their first year of production, always have a few bugs. If you really like the G6, go for an '06 model. The '06 G6 should have the kinks worked out.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGA1
New models in their first year of production, always have a few bugs. If you really like the G6, go for an '06 model. The '06 G6 should have the kinks worked out.
And following that logic, the Fusion is in its first year isn't it? My G6 is an '05 and I have only had a couple of minor problems. I really like my G6.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 04:18 AM
Old Fart, Young at Heart

and to add to all of this, i LUV my G6 GT too! i have the '05 and while i HAVE had an issue with the steering lock-up, it was only twice in now 16,000 miles. other than that, i'm really pleased.

just my opinion, the '06 is probably a better car, with alot of the 'bugs' worked out. but i would suggest that if you get one, get the GTP just to 'steer' away from any potential lock-up problems (GTP's do not have the EPS, electronic power steering)

good luck with whichever you decide........
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 07:19 AM

Despite all the negative posts I have made over time I have to say the G6 will probably be a great car for YOU. I have a completely different background than most of the people here and found out after I bought it that it wasn't for me. The problems I have had have only amplified my displeasure.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:20 AM

I have an 05 G6 GT w/ the pan. roof and I love it!!! The pan. roof is awesome to have, especially in the summer. Yea, the car may have a few bugs, but I'm learning to live w/ them. I believe that the 06 models have a lot of the bugs worked out of them. Good luck!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 01:28 PM
RKH

We bought our 05 G6 V6 in May 2005. We have had no problems with it and like it as much today as when we bought it.
I'd buy another.
We don't have either sunroof.
The car rides well, handles nicely, gets good gas mileage has plenty of accelleration and a great interior.
It has been at the shop once...a recall on the torque on the harmonic balancer.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 02:28 PM

I have an '06 and no problems here. I can't believe you're having trouble deciding between a pontiac and a FORD. lol My last car was a ford...so so many problems.

Mike
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Former G6 Guy

Send a message via AIM to bigbengt67
I've had my 05 since December of 2004 and it has been flawless. The Fusion is an ugly car that is less competitive with the Japanese cars than the G6 is. Go for the Pontiac!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 05:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to musicman8120
I have over 8000 miles on my '06 GTP coupe in 3 months with no major issues and only one minor one, which was a bad oxygen sensor, at 1500 miles or so.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Action.

I love my 2006 G6 4-Cylender! I've only had it a month this Friday and have put just 1,750km, but I have had no problems. No squeeks or rattles, zilch. It's more or less broken in now and it still glides over railroad tracks as if they aren't there. Handles extremely well, stops on a dime, etc. So while my ownership experience is new, I have put close to 30,000km on assorted rental G6's throughout the year. I travel frequently for work and go out of my way to make sure I get a G6! I haven't had any trouble with any of them. Some of the older 2005's (built in 04) I find have a little bit of creaking coming from the plastic trim over the defroster vents, when you're using them -- expansion and contraction of that plastic piece I'm guessing. I haven't found this on any of the newer ones or my own though. Get the G6! The Ford is a piece of crap!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 PM

'06 V6 sedan here and no quality issues really worth mentioning other than a goofy paint blemish infront of my sunroof that I need to report to the dealer just incase it starts peeling or something. Actually, this has been one of the more enjoyable cars that I have owned. It doesn't do any one thing great, but it just does a lot of stuff well and for cheap.

'06 Pontiac G6
'06 Trailblazer SS
'95 Impala SS
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 03:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to branderson
I love my car. Its an 05 and I havent had a single problem with it for the year I've had it. I like the looks of the Fusion, but to me the G6 looks better. Good Luck on the search, let us know what happens.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

So i think i have pretty much decided on the g6.Im glad i heard some positive feedback on it.I think im going to go all out on this car and get every option possible since this will be my first new car EVER!! Im really excited and i think im going to the dealership tomorrow to work everything out....If you wanna get an idea of what my g6 will look like...Theres a car on ebay that looks almost identical to the car i HOPEFULLY will be getting....Heres the link:Let me know what u think!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in