New to this forum...06 G6 GT coupe ..SICK!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
DubG6

Garage
New to this forum...06 G6 GT coupe ..SICK!!

Alright, I am 16 years old and go tmy first car. This happened to be a 2006 silver G6 Gt coupe. I have a few major mods done. I plan on getting a few other mods soon like a new exhaust system. Also I want to tint my badge. How do I do that? Any suggestions on mods?? Let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM

Nitrous??? Chip??? Volent??? i need some pix of this stuff! how much are you spraying?

Exterior-AVS window and sunroof wind reducer, Dual Exhaust, Tinted tails, 35% Tint all around, DDM tuning 8k Highs & Lows.
Interior- Red LED's
Performance- CRAB's Option 3, Exhaust
Coming up: MMI's, Painted Calipers, Painted Side Mirrors
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
-Banned-

Is your engine stock besides the intake, and mail order performance chip?.. Elaborate on the nitrous, please. Is it one of those Edelbrock Concealed kits?.. Beeeeeeeee caaaaaaaaaarefuuuuuuuuuuuullllll, unless you just don't care.

Last edited by JRepasky; 04-25-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
DubG6

Garage
Yes Yes most people don't believe me. I have never used the nitrous and am planning on getting it taken out. Maybe. Also Yes look it up. It's a G-force performance chip. They are really cheap right now so I bought one. And Voltent is just a brand name for the intake. I can have some pictures ion the next couple days as soon as my new phone comes in the mail. That picture is the first time I cleaned it. Now it has a decal on the window. Any suggestions on what I should do?? I plan on taking it to a DYNO this summer and the intake system was put on by the previous owner. My mom's boyfriend is a car nut and has a whole shop with a lift so he did all of this. He owns a Custom Shelby GT500, De Tomaso Pantera and a sick Thunderbird.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
DubG6

Garage
I'll look under the hood and check a few of these questions out. I'll get back to you after school. Also, my car is almost stock I think besides the stuff I mentioned. Although, there is another kid with the same car at my school and I smoke him everyday. Soooo
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Congrats on a such a sweet ride for your first! Welcome to the site!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:15 AM

guys, here's the volant intake link i found.
http://volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=611
not sure how good is it tho. never heard another one here goes with this brand..
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:45 AM
-Banned-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzbhnn View Post
guys, here's the volant intake link i found.
http://volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=611
not sure how good is it tho. never heard another one here goes with this brand..
No idea.. Are you running a wet, or dry kit..? Spray the whole tank at once, on video. I wanna see a G6 go:

Ahaha, no, jk.. Don't do that. I'd take it out and resell it, unless you're using it at the 1/4 in a straight line, with extensive modifications to your vehicle.. Driving after spraying is ****ing nuts, and I don't think a near-stock G6 can handle it.

Post a pic of your bottle, where it's concealed, and the wiring/tubing, if you don't mind. This really interests me.

As far as your intake: https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7447

No idea if it's a "good" intake or not, you tell me! I know Volant had released some pretty nifty intakes for certain VW models, semi popular;

Last edited by JRepasky; 04-26-2011 at 09:10 AM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 11:16 AM

Nice car bro! Welcome to the siite. and yea be careful with the NOS!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
DubG6

Garage
I talked to the guy who put it in and yes it will be taken out but I will get a picture of the bottle no problem. I also havent noticed much of a difference with the stupid intake system. It doesn't seem to add much, but again I got it with it on. Today I got pulle dover doing 90 in a 55 and didn't even realize it. Lets hope I can keep the car. I promise I will have some pics soon. Also, anyone have any better suggestions for a new intake? I was not the one working on the car so it may be just a part from a volant system? I do not know. Also any other suggestions?
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
DubG6

Garage
Btw, I got my car bottomed out at the meter but I know it was going faster than 140. It says a few places online that the g6 with a chip reprogrammer can hit about 167? IS THAT TRUE? I don't think I'd ever be going that fast.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76

if its like this one you probably dont notice much from the intake because its a closed box like the stock. If you looking for a replacment you can do Injen, K&N,or CRABS. I would definitly recomend Crabs. I went with the K&N and their heatsheild is Crap.

.........and Welcome!!

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
DubG6

Garage
I looked for crabs and didnt know what the hell it was. I have a 10 pound bottle and also a dry system. Umm finding out mor as I go along. Btw anyone care to explain how this ticket thing works. He gave me a blue and yellow copy. I don't think he was supposed to. Also I didn't have to sign anything! Am I clear? In the summer when I go to the DYNO and hopefully after I get all my engine mods, I will post my stats and possibly a video. I have to replace my LEDs already. I'm pretty pissed. Does anyone know where some cheaply priced LEDs can be found?
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
-Banned-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURCHx06xG6xGTxCOUPE View Post
I looked for crabs and didnt know what the hell it was. I have a 10 pound bottle and also a dry system. Umm finding out mor as I go along. Btw anyone care to explain how this ticket thing works. He gave me a blue and yellow copy. I don't think he was supposed to. Also I didn't have to sign anything! Am I clear? In the summer when I go to the DYNO and hopefully after I get all my engine mods, I will post my stats and possibly a video. I have to replace my LEDs already. I'm pretty pissed. Does anyone know where some cheaply priced LEDs can be found?

Sounds like he let you off with just a warning, if you were receiving a traffic citation - you HAVE to sign to acknowledge that you received it, this does not mean that you are guilty.. LOL.

Without your signature, I'd count on being safe.

16 y/o + 140mph+ = SCARY. Be careful, and don't die.

Your interior LEDs need replaced? & Yeah, most people on here prefer Crab intakes(www.crabintakes.com).. I have a K&N CAI, the heatshield provided was complete trash, but with a little bit of modification, overly pleased with it.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
DubG6

Garage
alright that sounds good! and I got two copies one blue and one was yellow??? I have no clue But i am niot telling my mom for a bit. And I will try to ge ta crab intake soon then. And The dumbass before me must have wired the LEDs wrong because there are 2 strips that are out. idk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in