Sedan LED Tail Lights from DashZ - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Sedan LED Tail Lights from DashZ

Sorry if there's another thread already posted about these. But I was wondering if anyone on here has these? If so are they worth buying? These are like the only SEDAN tail lights I've found for the G6.

http://www.dashzracing.com/05-09-pon...5tled4drs.html

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 07:58 AM

There are a few people who have them and really like them. (there was a guy on here with a gxp that had them, idr his scn) Personally I like then and are next on my purchase list.

They do resemble out stocks a little too much, so a lot of people are against paying the high price for a minor upgrade.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.com App

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah it's understandable since its a sedan. I just recently bought led bulbs and I don't know much about wiring and didn't put resistors is so they blink fast. But now that I found these they will definitely be up there on my list hah.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:55 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I just run the LED bulbs. I have the resistors in too and found the right combination to make everything work properly, If you do front and rear.

The wiring is actually incredibly easy to do and I can lend a hand if you'd like. Maybe snap some pics or something. But the resistors generate a lot of heat and you need to mount them away from plastic and such, So I had to pull the rear bumper to mount them in a safe spot, but it all worked out.

I like the look of those you posted but for that price I just can't justify it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah I hear you on that! I have the Putco Neutron LEDs. 1 red pair for brake/tails 1 white pair for reverse. 1 pair alone cost $57 so those aren't cheap. If I were to buy resistors do I just need 1 for each brake/tail light? I don't understand. Since I have 4 total LEDs in the rear.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 04:54 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

You need one resistor for each tail light, and if you do the front turn signals you need one for each too.

These are the resistors I used for my rear lights:
http://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Hyper-Blinking-Warning-Signal/dp/B002CJQIGW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1341355997&sr=8-8&keywords=LED+Load+resistors
You just connect one end of the resistor to the wire that provides the turn signal power. and ground the other end. It just creates a load to trick the car into thinking a regular bulb is there.

The front lights require a larger resistor. But you won't need to worry about that just yet.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
You need one resistor for each tail light, and if you do the front turn signals you need one for each too.

These are the resistors I used for my rear lights:
http://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Hyper...Load+resistors

You just connect one end of the resistor to the wire that provides the turn signal power. and ground the other end. It just creates a load to trick the car into thinking a regular bulb is there.

The front lights require a larger resistor. But you won't need to worry about that just yet.

Cruisin, i love these tail lights see them occasionally on all the sedan owners..im considering them myself however, you did mention there are a lot of drivers who dont want aftermarket lights that have the same shape and look...i wasnt aware there were any others that really were either a. compatible with our sedan or b. looked any good.

if you have examples please post..im shopping
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:05 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

These lights that BAK_yn posted:

Are really the only aftermarket tail light option available for the sedan, Both in clear and smoke (as pictured)

I just went with plain LED bulbs which I recently upgraded to Spider Lites bulbs. So I may be selling my old LED bulbs soon, maybe with resistors. But that's tbd.

here's what those bulbs look like:

That with these Resistors:

Should work out well with no hyper flashing
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 10:29 PM

Those are actually next on my list.. But not from them..
http://www.carpartparadise.com/led-t...googleproducts
Shipped and in stock. Should get it before the winter seeing as im starting to save my cash some.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 03:41 PM

I have those. They are beautiful and look like my g6 came with leds from the factory. Worth the price IMO. And they are bright as hell. Might be brighter than stock incandescent.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

2009 Techno Gray Metallic G6 GXP Sedan (3.6L Auto6 112K miles)
---
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool. Glad to hear they are worth the price! I'll be purchasing them in the future!

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 04:22 PM

mshinall; any pictures of the tails on your car?

Performance
CRABS o3, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, WAMS Performance tune, Racingline STB

Exterior
Platinum Apex Rims (18x8), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles (Chrome)

Audio
2 12" Memphis Subs (15-MCP12S4)
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:24 AM

There are some pics in the member gallery. Just look for mshinall.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

2009 Techno Gray Metallic G6 GXP Sedan (3.6L Auto6 112K miles)
---
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
okay bumped!

i was looking through ebay and found these led tail lights for a 05-10 Scion tc it says it fits the sedan G6? is that right? they're cheaper than the DashZ LED tails but im skeptical about whether or not they will fit our cars...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-10-SCION-...ht_3960wt_1220
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

You know. I've always wondered if Tc tails would fit the G6. Looks incredibly similar and even has a similar body line. I'm just worried about the mounting side of it lining up. Maybe I can try and fit someones Tc tail light in my G6...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in