Sumitomo HTR Z II - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
LCPL Cobb

Sumitomo HTR Z II

I just picked up and installed 4 brand new Sumitomo HTR Z II tires in 235/45/ZR17. Has anyone one else tried these tires yet? If not, I'll try to keep you updated on them. At $71 a tire, they're doing pretty well so far.

Oorah!

2007 G6 GT Sedan
Looks: Painted engine cover, Streetglow Xenon Strobe kit in headlights(red), blacked out tail lights, custom "G6OWNERSCLUB.COM" Logo in third brake light.

Handling: Sumitomo HTR ZII 235/45/ZR17 tires, ATE Performance Slotted Brake Rotors (front only), HAWK HPS High Performance Brake Pads (all around)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Michigan G6er

they look good and might do good in the summer but here in Michigan you better have better tread then that. My stock tires sucked in the winter so i bought winter tires and rims.
Let me know how they are I need to buy some new ones for spring and summer.

Pontac G6 Sedan 3.5L
Exterior- 8000k HIDS lows, 8000k HIDs fog lights, 20% window tint, Tinted taillights, painted grilles (top and bottom) to match, Custom painted engine cover and battery box, Red painted calipers.
Performance- Crab Intake, Racing Line Performance strut tower brace, GT-R Custom Magnaflow exhaust.
Interior- red LED's on inside, custom painted interior trim to match outside, Memphis sub and Amp, Custom fiberglass sub enclosure.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
LCPL Cobb

Will do. I just had them mounted today, and it rained..so I can't really tell you how they handled on dry surfaces. They seem to do pretty well on the wet roads though. Didn't have ANY of the problems I did with the old Michelins when I first got them.

Oorah!

2007 G6 GT Sedan
Looks: Painted engine cover, Streetglow Xenon Strobe kit in headlights(red), blacked out tail lights, custom "G6OWNERSCLUB.COM" Logo in third brake light.

Handling: Sumitomo HTR ZII 235/45/ZR17 tires, ATE Performance Slotted Brake Rotors (front only), HAWK HPS High Performance Brake Pads (all around)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Michigan G6er

Cool. Thanks. Cause I am looking into a set of black and chrome rims for summer and a nice set of rubber for them too.
Semper Fi

Pontac G6 Sedan 3.5L
Exterior- 8000k HIDS lows, 8000k HIDs fog lights, 20% window tint, Tinted taillights, painted grilles (top and bottom) to match, Custom painted engine cover and battery box, Red painted calipers.
Performance- Crab Intake, Racing Line Performance strut tower brace, GT-R Custom Magnaflow exhaust.
Interior- red LED's on inside, custom painted interior trim to match outside, Memphis sub and Amp, Custom fiberglass sub enclosure.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
LCPL Cobb

Well, I drove the hell out of the new tires today since it dried up and all, and compared to the old Michelins...they are incredible. From a dead stop, all I got was a slight chirp from the front-right as I floored it and even when taking off at full throttle while turning it doesn't take long for the loose side to catch. Since I don't have a known-width skid pad and a G-force meter I can't really give all the details on handling capabilities, but while in an open parking lot I got to mess around with turning and the change is incredible there as well. If comparing price to performace, I'd have to rate these tires at 5 stars. Oh...and there's almost ZERO road noise...which is better than I can say for the old michelins or continentals.

OORAH!

Oorah!

2007 G6 GT Sedan

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Michigan G6er

Very glad to hear that. I did some more research on them and I think I might get some come summer. Are they pretty good still in wet weather? Cause here in Michigan just cause its summer doesn't mean no clouds and sun, you never know what the weather will be like.

OORAH!

Pontac G6 Sedan 3.5L
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
LCPL Cobb

They're pretty good in the rain. Even on a newly paved road at about 65 mph in heavy rain, I didn't have any problems with hydroplaning or pulling to one side when I hit a puddle.

Oorah!

2007 G6 GT Sedan

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
LCPL Cobb

Just an update... Just took a drive and put the tires through some more extensive "testing". I tried to get the car to lose traction and just could not do it. Well, Almost. Now that they have about 100 miles on them and are nicely broken in, they're downright phenominal. Found a nice little "S" curve that's rated at 25mph, and ripped through it at around 50. A second pass around 55 caused noticeable understeer, but was easily corrected by leaning on the gas a bit. Still rating these tires at 5 stars.

Oorah!

2007 G6 GT Sedan

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Michigan G6er

sweet. i am thinking of them. Getting ready to put my summer rims and tires back on.

Pontac G6 Sedan 3.5L
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
LCPL Cobb

Cool. When you do, let me know what you think of them. I'd like to know if others share my opinion. XD

Also...check out my post about the new ATE Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads.

Oorah!

2007 G6 GT Sedan

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 02:39 PM
07 Black GT Vert ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc88_usmc View Post
I just picked up and installed 4 brand new Sumitomo HTR Z II tires in 235/45/ZR17. Has anyone one else tried these tires yet? If not, I'll try to keep you updated on them. At $71 a tire, they're doing pretty well so far.
It's been 6 months since you installled them, how are the tires wearing so far?

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 PM

I have the all terrain version, they are still low profile and have same traction and speed rating and they work great. They were a little over $100 at tire rack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in