Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Sumitomo HTR Z II

7K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  steveo32 
#1 ·
I just picked up and installed 4 brand new Sumitomo HTR Z II tires in 235/45/ZR17. Has anyone one else tried these tires yet? If not, I'll try to keep you updated on them. At $71 a tire, they're doing pretty well so far.

#2 ·
they look good and might do good in the summer but here in Michigan you better have better tread then that. My stock tires sucked in the winter so i bought winter tires and rims.
Let me know how they are I need to buy some new ones for spring and summer.

#3 ·
Will do. I just had them mounted today, and it rained..so I can't really tell you how they handled on dry surfaces. They seem to do pretty well on the wet roads though. Didn't have ANY of the problems I did with the old Michelins when I first got them.

#4 ·
Cool. Thanks. Cause I am looking into a set of black and chrome rims for summer and a nice set of rubber for them too.
Semper Fi

#5 ·
Well, I drove the hell out of the new tires today since it dried up and all, and compared to the old Michelins...they are incredible. From a dead stop, all I got was a slight chirp from the front-right as I floored it and even when taking off at full throttle while turning it doesn't take long for the loose side to catch. Since I don't have a known-width skid pad and a G-force meter I can't really give all the details on handling capabilities, but while in an open parking lot I got to mess around with turning and the change is incredible there as well. If comparing price to performace, I'd have to rate these tires at 5 stars. Oh...and there's almost ZERO road noise...which is better than I can say for the old michelins or continentals.

OORAH!

#6 ·
Very glad to hear that. I did some more research on them and I think I might get some come summer. Are they pretty good still in wet weather? Cause here in Michigan just cause its summer doesn't mean no clouds and sun, you never know what the weather will be like.

OORAH!

#7 ·
They're pretty good in the rain. Even on a newly paved road at about 65 mph in heavy rain, I didn't have any problems with hydroplaning or pulling to one side when I hit a puddle.

#8 ·
Just an update... Just took a drive and put the tires through some more extensive "testing". I tried to get the car to lose traction and just could not do it. Well, Almost. Now that they have about 100 miles on them and are nicely broken in, they're downright phenominal. Found a nice little "S" curve that's rated at 25mph, and ripped through it at around 50. A second pass around 55 caused noticeable understeer, but was easily corrected by leaning on the gas a bit. Still rating these tires at 5 stars.

#9 ·
sweet. i am thinking of them. Getting ready to put my summer rims and tires back on.

#10 ·
Cool. When you do, let me know what you think of them. I'd like to know if others share my opinion. XD

Also...check out my post about the new ATE Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.