Pontiac G6 Forum banner

(Stock Parts) Name your part!

26K views 65 replies 49 participants last post by  AstraTwinTop 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey G6ers,
I see that we often modify our G6s from one thing to another. We often shelve the old parts or we have changed our mind about using/installing them. This thread is for anyone who thinks they have a part that someone else might want or if a member is looking for a stock part just post it up here. This thread is ment to be a little bit more casual than the "for sale" threads so a discusion can take place.
Please don't bullshit anyone here and keep your respect as high for others as you would expect in return.

This thread replaces an existing thread ( http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2829 )
If you do sell, donate or swap out the items please let us know they are no longer available so noobs will know.
Thanks for your help and I hope this thread helps you.

#55 ·
I'm looking for either the power mirror switch for a G6 or someone to take theirs apart and show me what's inside. I replaced my speakers today and when I removed the plug, instead of the plug coming out, it pulled my switch apart. Now the button feels loose and won't move the mirrors. I feel like there is a piece of rubber or something? I put a spring from an ink pen in where I thought it might go, but that didn't work.

#56 · (Edited)
I have a conv. I am told buy GM that the folding top storage plastic part that has hinges for the outer close out panels, left and right, is no longer available. This part is right behind the rear seat. It has 3 sections, with the middle about 3ft long, left to right. I have called many auto yards with no luck. They know about the part and it is the first to go. any ideas? I have a part#5887153

#60 ·
I got lucky. The salvage yard near me had two wrecked G6's. One was missing cup holder and the other one had it in there still..... Both have been rolled there are still many parts available. One is a GT Coupe. The other a 4 cylinder 4Dr. I can only make it our there on Saturdays so it may take a bit to get back about a part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.