Offical Spyder Auto G6 New LED Halo Projector Headlight thread! - Page 33 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #481 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillmerm View Post
First of all I'm completely confused on how to install the HID's. I tried following that stupid little instruction manual but that thing is junk. I have a few question I can't seem to figure out.
1) where do you put the red and black connectors that go inside of the projector right by the bulb itself. It has 2 male connectors but on the headlight itself there are only male connectors on there. Unless this is a sword fight the two don't go together.

2) After the spacers are installed how do you get the clip to hold the bulb down? It doesn't come even close fitting with the spacers.

3) What should I be hooking the ballast to? It says hook it up to a 20W fuse but does that mean i have to run long wires from the pass side to the fuse box? In hindsight I would have never got the HID's unless I'm just completely retarded on this install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm a little confused on what you're asking for question #1, might want to post pics. All I had to do was splice the black and red from the ballast into the stocking wiring. As far as the fuse goes, if you splice into the factory wiring then it will be using the factory fuse on that power wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Da.v3

anyone want to buy mine?

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #483 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:59 PM

Well after monkeying around more with these I was able to figure out what went where, I completely forgot about the two connectors inside the black cap you take off to get to the bulb itself. My only issue now is I have two huge dark spots right in front of the car and there is more light to the sides.

1)I only used 3 shims on the bulb because I had the wrong size and that is the only way they'd fit...should I go back and get the 4th one for each or
won't it matter.

2) Is there an easier way to aim these suckers besides completely removing the light and arbitrarily guessing how high or wide to go? And when is the cutoff line too high? I feel like these need to move way up because basically the light is shining right by the bottom of my front bumper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillmerm View Post
Well after monkeying around more with these I was able to figure out what went where, I completely forgot about the two connectors inside the black cap you take off to get to the bulb itself. My only issue now is I have two huge dark spots right in front of the car and there is more light to the sides.

1)I only used 3 shims on the bulb because I had the wrong size and that is the only way they'd fit...should I go back and get the 4th one for each or
won't it matter.

2) Is there an easier way to aim these suckers besides completely removing the light and arbitrarily guessing how high or wide to go? And when is the cutoff line too high? I feel like these need to move way up because basically the light is shining right by the bottom of my front bumper.
I have taken my lights off so much to fix the condensation and led lights its rediculous. Each time I adjust my lights up and in. So far I have done 3 full turns up and 1 and 1/2 turns inward. Mark the top of each adjustment knob with a marker so you know when you have done a full turn or 1/2 a turn. I have no problems with visibility, but I have HIDs in the fogs too so that may make a difference.

Mods: 20x8.5 chrome/black rims, 245-35-20 Kumho ecsta 4x ku22, pioneer avh 4200 DD headunit, 1500 watt rms rockford fosgate (T1500-bdcp) amp, 2 rockford fosgate 12 inch (T1s), 800 watt rms rockford fosgate (T800-4ad), pioneer 5 way 6x9s ,pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 30% tint, black spyder headlights with 6000K HID (fog/low), K&N CAI, black altezza tail lights, and magnaflow exhaust.
post #485 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 09:13 PM

Now that you mention it, I did attempt to reseal these just using some more silicone along the already siliconed edge, so we'll see how that works. Good idea about marking the knob already. It seems like my projectors are going straight towards the ground but I'm not really sure where the cutoff line is supposed to be. Not that I care, but I don't want to be getting pulled over the these POS lights.
post #486 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 02:18 PM
It's about time!

Does anyone want to buy mine? They're black, and I haven't even taken them out of the box. With all the garbage that is going on, I don't even want to try and use them.
post #487 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 PM

you may have better luck posting this in the for sale section

2008 Pontiac Sedan - 3.5 V6

Mods so far:
Sylvania Silverstars, Custom Air Intake with Heat shield , 17' Salsa Rims from FastWheels.ca, Lower Grille Chrome Accents, Windows Visors, Hood Deflector, Debadged, Silver Overlays, Eyelids, Recessed Upper Grille, Tinted Tails, GM Strut Bar

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

Updated: 02/22/2011

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #488 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 PM
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6

alright i need some help with adjusting them, they dont seem to want to move. I filed down the hole and got my HIDs in, but how exactly do i adjust them.

I know theres the two knobs and i tried turning both of them like 3 full turns each, should i only turn them a little bit?

Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, 5% Eyebrow tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Interior LEDs, Painted engine covers, Tinted tails, 6K Low Beam HID, 8K High Beam HID, Painted Grilles, Painted Door Trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W
post #489 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 05:46 PM

2 turns made a pretty large adjustment for me. No surprise that you're having trouble, keep cranking.
post #490 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 PM

Well, I finally got my lights installed. Needless to say, the light pattern sucks. I plan to try and adjust them, to see if I can get a light pattern that works.
post #491 of 491 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Da.v3

due to getting no answer via email, phone, forums :

filed dispute on paypal - it has gone against their paypal account, but they cant do anything due to it not having gone over ebay.

filed dispute with CC company - they contacted spyder for me, had a 3 way convo, RMA issued. ill be sending them back this weekend, unless someone happens to buy them for more.

I would encourage everyone else having the same issues to do the same

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Trading Post > G6OC Group Buys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in