Pulsing Brakes while driving. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Pulsing Brakes while driving.

Just to say thanks in advance for any ideas. This is my mother's car and I have been attempting to resolve this issue for quite some time.

The car:
2005 base model with 3.5 and ABS.

Work Performed:
The brakes and rotors were replaced with new. The car has less than 100 miles on them. I am going to remove them and make sure everything is clean and nothing got behind them, but i doubt that is the issue. Calipers have been rebuilt and the fluid has been drained and refilled. Hoses have been visually checked.

Issue:
The car was ran without oil, or low, engine spun 4 bearings and the car was parked. I replaced the engine with one from a wrecked G6. Engine appears to have no issue and runs very strong. However the car had sat for close to 18 months before the work was completed. The initial issue was brake drag. Enough that it did wear and warp the driver side. To resolve the calipers were rebuilt, they were very clean and no rusting had occurred tot he pistons. They were considerably gummed up from sitting. New rotors, pads, and new fluid later the car was back on the road. The car drover perfect for a test run after the work. Now, not 100-150 miles later however, the brakes feel as though the anti-lock is pulsing all the time, even when not applying the brakes. Bad enough that when moving through gravel it skids the driver side tire intermittently. I do not have a brake warning light on the dash. The only code when checking is for a spark knock sensor, which i know has a bad plug.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 07:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
out of curiosity...is your code reader able to read ABS codes?

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications > Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in