Pontiac G6 Forum banner

I need '06 GTP Stereo specs. Best way to connect my Sirius Stiletto?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KB G6 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm new here just stumbled across the forum. I need some help hoping you guys can give me some advice. I'm hoping someone here has experience with these issues.

I have an '06 GTP with the factory stereo installed. It has 5 or 6 disc changer I think 6. It did come with XM and the built in XM antenna when I bought it new but the XM subscription has expired. Fine with me since I prefer Sirius. So now I want to connect my Stiletto 2 in the car.

I found out the built in XM antenna does nothing for me so I have to get the Stiletto car kit and use that wired antenna. I don't want the signal going through wireless FM transmitter I want a direct connection for better audio quality. My questions are:

Does anyone know if these stereos have AUX in or LINE in connections? Mine doesn't have either on the outside but maybe there's one internally?

If they don't have those connections can I use the Sirius FM direct adapter?

Anyone have advice for installing sat radios in the G6?

Thank you.

See less See more
#4 ·
I believe the 07s or 08s have the aux in on the radio...

I am pretty sure you can use the Sirius FM direct adapter. I have an XM radio and took it to Circuit City (RIP CC) and they were able to direct adapt it to the radio so I just have to tune to a certain station and it'll come in just fine. It took the guy 2 hours to do it so you may want to take it to a pro to avoid the hassle of fiddling around for 2 hours, unless that's what you consider fun :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.