Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Alarm activated, now lights won't turn off!

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  baundy 
#1 ·
I've got a 2005 G6 and earlier this evening something tripped the anti-theft system. Now the car is telling me that a door is ajar when no ajar door can be found and the interior lights won't go off. Does the alarm system need reset to fix this problem? Or am I just too weak to close a door?

#3 ·
Not so much...

What I've figured out is that the door sensors on G6 have a habit of going out of commission. What I figure is that the door sensor quit working, which set off the alarm. I still haven't gotten it fixed. The driver's side door is on one sensor and the other three doors are on another sensor. You have to hook it up to the computer at the dealer to figure out which one it is, but if it isn't the driver's side door you won't be able to tell which of the other three doors it might be, so you paid to hook it up to the computer for nothing. My interior lights still stay on forever and they don't go out until I go forward, so it's a bitch to back up when it is dark out, because the interior lights are still on. Quite frustrating!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.