Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Electrical & Brake woes

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  xLeGeNDx 
#1 ·
Since I bought the car the third brake light has never worked but started working intermittently, its completely random when it does decide to work. A previous owner had done the dielectric grease trick on the connectors on the interior fuse box. I tried cleaning the brake light relay contacts, I tried swapping relays around. What else could it possibly be?

From time to time the driver side caliper will clamp the pads down as if the brakes are applied. I ended up putting a caliper on it and it lasted a whole week then it started doing it again.

Its fairly sporadic, some days its fine then on some random day it just tries to lock up.
When it does happen the rotor, caliper, and pads get extremely hot. The steering wheel starts violently jerking.
So, I'm wondering what else it could be?

#3 ·
I meant to update this ages ago, For the brakes it was the brake line collapsing when it was hot outside. and as for the 3rd brake light, replaced the turn signal switch and it started working again

Reactions: plano_doug
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.