EPS causes wheel to always pull left - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

EPS causes wheel to always pull left

Hey everyone. I have a 06 G6 V6 (yes I'm well aware of the 666 haha) with 75000 miles on it. I received the electric power steering recall in the mail in August 2010 and took it to the local GM dealer to get it fixed last summer. After they fixed it, I noticed that the car would pull to the left. Thinking the alignment was off, i took it to Meineke to have it serviced. When they lifted the vehicle off the ground and started it, the wheel automatically turned to the left about 20 degrees. When the car was on the ground the wheel will still automatically turn to the left about 10 degrees, and it gets worse while driving. Meineke was nice enough to inform me of this and suggested that I take it back to GM. When I did, GM spent about 2 hours looking at it. They said that they checked one of their own G6's and that it did the same thing (the wheel automatically turned left when they started the vehicle). They concluded that it was normal and so they wouldn't fix it under the recall. Has anyone else encountered this issue or knows anything about it/ how to fix it? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM

The EPS computer needs reprogramming. Someone had there's reprogrammed and it stopped pulling left.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Would that be covered under the EPS recall?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 09:05 AM

Should be ,they worked on the unit. If no satisfaction from dealer call Pontiac customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in