2006 V6 Sedan Steering Wheel Lock Up - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2006 V6 Sedan Steering Wheel Lock Up

My steering wheel is rattling and just recently today it would lock up five times within ten minutes while I'm driving. It used to only rattle when I was idling. It used to only lock up every once in a while when I would start the car. Now, when I'm moving. Was there ever a recall on 2006 models for this same issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 06:39 PM

Yea there was a recall on several G6's....call your local GM dealer, and give them your VIN, they will check to see if your car was on that list...my car had the same problem, and i had it repaired for free at Car-Max since i had bought the car there and got my extended warranty. Thereafter, i received a letter from GM that if i ever had a problem to keep bringing the car in to any GM dealer, also if i had the power steering replaced before at my own expense you get a claim form and fill it out to get your money back and GM will send you a check.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Hi KippyZelst! You can send me your VIN and I can look it up for any recalls. You can either send me a message here on the forum or email me at [email protected] (attn: Jackie)

Jackie
GM Customer Care

Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.gm.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in