Steering issues: once fixed, over? - Pontiac G6 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dxG6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Steering issues: once fixed, over?

Looking for a car for my daughter, found a couple of G6's, then read about all of the steering issues...local service manager said he's had no returns on steering modules done under the tsb, but he's a smaller dealer.

So, once you had the "dead" steering issue fixed, has it ever returned, or did GM get it right with the new part #?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Chipper T

I've had horrible luck with the electric steering in my 2005. They fixed the steering column and I'm now having other issues. If you're set on a G6 I would try to get a later year that has pump steering. I believe 2007 and later.

Chip
2005 G6 GT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:46 PM

QUICK QUESTION!! & I can't figure out how to post a question...
I have a 2008 Pontiac G6. The other day it just completely shut down on me, never gave me a warning or none of my lights came on. I was driving and it started with the battery light, then the service traction light... then ALL the lights came on and turned off. My A/C stopped working and my steering stopped working and my breaks... my blinkers, break lights, radio... nothing electrical worked... I was barely able to pull into a parking lot to park it and wait for a tow... has this problem happened to anyone before? and what might be the issue? a Mechanic that towed my car told me it was the Alternator.. But He replaced it and same issues... I was thinking the BCM??? But I Have NO idea, Ive been without a car for a week and I'm 5 weeks away from my due date (pregnant) lol so I need to get this fixed asap! But the mechanic who has my car has no idea... so I have to pay him to tow my car to the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 06:33 PM

Hey there Chip and GabrielleSnider,

I'm sorry to hear of these concerns that you have experienced with your vehicles. I am not properly trained to offer technical advice, but I will be glad to look further into these concerns for you. Please feel free to contact us via private message if we can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Kristen A. (Assisting)
GM Customer Care

Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.gm.com!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:01 AM

05 g6 gt had it in on a steering recall all they did was lube the steering now its years later and the recall is out of date for her, my wife cant turn the wheel so the car is worthless. I have been buying gm my whole life but they lost me as a customer.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 11:10 AM
08 convertible

"Can't turn the wheel" isn't much to go on. If you give more complete info, someone here might be able to help you. If you aren't able or willing to diagnose it yourself, take it in and see what the problem is. Could be something simple and inexpensive.
GM lost you because a 14 year old car needs a repair? Ok, I hope you have better luck with whatever other brand you choose...
plano_doug likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions > Steering Lockup Issues & Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in